Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
car ramrod
Irate4x4 .com
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of replacing my negative battery cable, and managed to drop the nut for the stud on the frame rail, and that sucker found a real good hiding place, because I can't find it. So I was hoping someone either knows offhand what thread that is or could check for me.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
What size wrench did you use to loosen it? Those are usually either 5/16-18 or 3/8-16. 5/16 uses a 1/2 wrench amd 3/8 uses a 9/16 wrench. 1/4-20 uses a 7/16

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
That would mean the thread is a 6mm...which is very close to a 1/4". Replacement nuts are very easy to find.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Its metric, same as the bolts that hold the power steering cooler on the frame if you need to borrow one

·
car ramrod
Irate4x4 .com
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the most handy things I have in my toolbox is this thing:
I have several of those somewhere, they like to disappear from my toolbox shortly before I need them though.

Its metric, same as the bolts that hold the power steering cooler on the frame if you need to borrow one
Ryan, is there anything you don't know about the electrical systems on these rigs?

Once it stops raining I will pull one`of those off and take a trip to the hardware store and update this post with what size it is for future searchers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts