Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the truck down to the bare frame. Body is at the body shop. I thinking I am going to hold off powder coating the frame until body shop is done with body work - probably need to have it for the mock up. :chili:

·
Registered
97 Posts
You broke it:twak

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you talking about. I'll have her back on the road by next week. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
:scratchhe I Think that you Are Missing Something ;)

What did it look like before you blew it apart?

Clean looking frame! I don't think it would do them any good for mock up?
It's not a rolling chassis any more? unless I'm misunderstanding you
I would like to see some before picture's if you got any?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the body after the sand blaster. The tub was in great shape, but the doors were trashed, Tailgate was shot and the front fenders were also beyond repair. The hood wasn't to bad. I am going to get it back into roller form, in a couple months. I can always put the frame on jackstands for him to mock it up. I just don't want him to have to worry about scratching the powder coating while trying to mock it up. Here are some pics of the tub back from the blaster.

I will have to dig up picks before the blaster.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Where are you in Denver?

Hopefully here is another BroncoG2 that isn't headed for the shredder - possibly to a museum.

Congrats.

Those dammned wheel well arches are so predictable.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
What requires a mock up? It looks like your putting the original body back on the original frame. What am I missing?

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Hey Ranger!.. I might have a 429 with a dual 4 high-rise coming:chili: Don't want to get to stoked until its sitting here

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I attended Littleton High grades 10&11. Graduated from Wheat Ridge because my parents moved.

Columbine didn't exist at the time.

The 4 wheel shop I use is up near 44th & Kipling. I need some body work too. I need that left rear quarter but the damage extends above the weld. (towards the cab roof). Keep on getting pictures.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I attended Littleton High grades 10&11. Graduated from Wheat Ridge because my parents moved.

Columbine didn't exist at the time.

The 4 wheel shop I use is up near 44th & Kipling. I need some body work too. I need that left rear quarter but the damage extends above the weld. (towards the cab roof). Keep on getting pictures.
I actually own a 4 wheel shop in littleton. We are not sponsors yet for the board so I will hold off plugging myself until that happens. I do know of a good body shop that has great rates and does killer work. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can get you his info.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Each or total?
That is total, could be a little less or more depending on the condition of you frame. What I will do to get mine a little more prepared is take some oven cleaner and soak the frame and let it sit for 24 hours. Soak it again before you power wash it. It is the best degreaser out there. It just has a tendency to strip paint also. But it will make life easier on the sandblaster, and that is what they usually charge by the hour. I was told any frame could be done for no more than 600, with 450 to 550 is the norm.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
That is total, could be a little less or more depending on the condition of you frame. What I will do to get mine a little more prepared is take some oven cleaner and soak the frame and let it sit for 24 hours. Soak it again before you power wash it. It is the best degreaser out there. It just has a tendency to strip paint also. But it will make life easier on the sandblaster, and that is what they usually charge by the hour. I was told any frame could be done for no more than 600, with 450 to 550 is the norm.
Wow...thats alot cheaper than i thought it would be...

I'm gonna be buying a sandblaster so ill do the frame or most of it myself so it be pretty cheap! :chili:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts