Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so as you can see, I have a little rust problem. It's pretty much been this way since I got it and it finally gave out. This is my fix. 3/16 plate. Pretty good penetration. How hard am I gonna kill myself? Really just an on road truck. Should I fish plate it? If I have to replace the frame the trucks getting parted out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
643 Posts
Looks good to me. Years ago I had an early Bronco that was just about the same but at the rear spring hanger. I did basically the exact same repair as you did and I never had an issue.
I'm guessing you got a whole new spring bucket/shock mount assembly?

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,278 Posts
Right on the money, nice welds with good penetration, no "square" seams/joints. (y)(y)(y)

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,504 Posts
agree with other 2 that you should be more then good.
I'd run that on any of my trucks as is now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good to me. Years ago I had an early Bronco that was just about the same but at the rear spring hanger. I did basically the exact same repair as you did and I never had an issue.
I'm guessing you got a whole new spring bucket/shock mount assembly?
Yep, new shock towers, shocks, springs, radius arm bushings, spring insulators and new hardware all around. Figured I'd do it all while I'm here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So general consensus is it probably won't kill me?

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,278 Posts
I think you'll be fine, but if it makes you feel better, weld a "doubler" or "fishplate" over your seams.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive got a pair of quad shock mounts for sale for cheap. mainly just want them gone but not wasted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts