Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an unfortunate run in with a very large concrete curb in my 90 Bronco. Bent a lot of components on the drivers side as well as buckling my fender. Following the repair, my truck pulls to the left and it was determined that I slightly bent my frame.

Anyone know of a reasonable shop with frame straightening equipment in the San Diego area?

Thanks!!

·
I see Broncos
6,041 Posts
Most body shops can straighten the frame for you. They are actually pretty good at it with all the computerized equipment that is out now a days.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Froggmann said:
Most body shops can straighten the frame for you. They are actually pretty good at it with all the computerized equipment that is out now a days.
yup...we have two separate frame measuring systems here at the shop I manage...not sure if I can measure as far back as 1990...get under with a tape measure and cross measure the frame...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
redwagon said:
yup...we have two separate frame measuring systems here at the shop I manage...not sure if I can measure as far back as 1990...get under with a tape measure and cross measure the frame...
You wouldn't happen to have a buddy down here or could recommend a shop that I could contact would you? Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey dude, Before you spend alot of money. Have the wheel alingment checked by a good front end shop.
Dont go to Sears, or Pep Boys, find a good shop, ask any good tire shop.
There is a big difference between your truck pulling to one side and the truck going side ways down the road.
Sideways is a good sign of bent frame!
I just caught a big rock with my right front tire, now the truck is pulling to the right? I'll it take to Bear Frame and Wheel in La Puente CA. The owner and his boys can usally set it back straight. There family also has a shop in Glendora CA.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
redwagon said:
bear frame and wheel do an excelent job...but I think he is looking for some one closer to him....:doh0715:
Yeah, looking for something closer. And just want to say I appreciate all of your responses. The Bronco is staying parked until I can figure this out. Don't want to tear up a tire or prematurely wear anything out. Still pissed that trying to avoid a pedestian is costing so much, but would've been more if I hit him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts