Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy's dad got a new car and and told me i could have his rusted out 95 4.9 5spd f150 or it was going to scrap and i couldn't let that happen. It has a bad clutch and a rusted break line. I went to get it last weekend and planned to pull it home with my tow bar to keep the free price but got a few blocks away and the bumper almost ripped off of the truck so i had to get a $120 tow. Shes got 188k on the ticker so i figure ill do just the clutch and drive her a little bit to see if if the motor seems youthful before i jump into a mild prerunner transformation. here she is

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the breakline changed from the block on the frame to the rear axle and when i went to bleed the breaks the bleeder screw broke off of the front caliper "michigan rust sucks!" so i also replaced the driver side caliper. I got the trans out the other day also but then got side tracked working on one of my many other projects "HEEP grand cherokee".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck also has a rusty oil pan and leaky pan gasket, ive never changed one before so im wondering if it would be better to change it now with the trans pulled or easier with the trans back in so i can jack up the motor up and put wood under the motor mounts. any suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well since the trans is out and the raggedy old exhaust was staring at me I figured 188k on the cats they're probably close to being plugged up. I made a ******* special y pipe back to the muffler as the muffler and tailpipe were in decent shape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts