Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to wheeling and dont know that many spots. and the few i do know suck.so can you guys point me in the right place? south jersey, northern delaware and eastern pa are areas id be willing to goto.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
free legal places in NJ?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup:lolup

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
RAUSCH CREEK PA, GUMBORO Deleware, NEW EGYPT SPEEDWAY NJ, The buck out in lancaster and thats about it good luck
the Buck isn't free, its $20 to enter the mud bog. Theres plenty of mud down at Bridgeport Speedway in jersey

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
and what about the Pine Barrens?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
I know a free place.. I used to live in Mount Holly, NJ. It's where these pics were taken back in 05/06
Lots of open space, along with lots of trails within the woods area too!! Free to get to.. I'll google up a map with directions from the highway for ya and post those in a bit.. its a lot of fun back there..and theres two areas alike!

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Heres my ghetto job of directions..

Heres the link to google/maps. Pretty much everything is all dirt road..and hundreds of trails.

theres a lot more trails than what I highlighted in yellow. Red is the roads to take..once you get of misery road, its all dirt road from there. Happy Trails! :popc1:

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
is that legal and is there any mud back there?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
is that legal and is there any mud back there?
Yep it's legal, no gates close off the roads, and no signs back when I was living there in 04/06

They are road ways.. dirt roads actually. And you can also go camping back there too if you wish.. I say take a day and travel around there, theres a lot of cool stuff!!

And yep theres mud..but you must wait for rain. If you were to go down mt misery road, cross highway 70, and make your first right, you'll end up in another large open pit area, that has a mini lake..and there was neat mud patches around there even in the heat of summer

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,009 Posts
No thats not legal, and i suggest you remove the maps before someone freaks out. Expect major fines, and possibly getting your vehicle impounded if you get caught "off the road".

The only LEGAL place to go out on 'trails' is Wharton State Forest, and you must travel only on trails on the map available in the Ranger's station. Also do not tell them you are going fourwheeling as they do not like 4x4s in their park. And do not get caught on an unmarked trail or you will get in serious trouble with the law. Recently (as in, this year) NJ is pushing to make the repercussions of 4wheeling so harsh that no one will even attempt to do it anywhere in the state. Im talking major fines, vehicles getting impounded, potential loss of license. Its getting out of control.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,009 Posts
NJ has cracked down BIG TIME on all 4wheelers, whether you own a quad, dirtbike, or 4x4. For the sake of your wallet, i suggest you find someone with a farm who will let you wheel there, and then TELL NO ONE, cuz if you do, the state will catch you eventually. Its been happening all over jersey for the last two years, and its getting worse.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
I don't understand.. mt misery road, is a public road.. I suppose the side trails they could bust you. But not a public road that they fail to pave..
And the pit area where I took photos of my Dodge Ram, thats on the back side of a housing development, and people come and go all the time from those homes with their quads and trucks..

Either way, most those "trails" back there are roads anyways.. I guess just some people are too freaked out. Plus, no signs, no fine..right?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't understand.. mt misery road, is a public road.. I suppose the side trails they could bust you. But not a public road that they fail to pave..
And the pit area where I took photos of my Dodge Ram, thats on the back side of a housing development, and people come and go all the time from those homes with their quads and trucks..

Either way, most those "trails" back there are roads anyways.. I guess just some people are too freaked out. Plus, no signs, no fine..right?
correct mt misery rd is a public rd... however everything that branches off of it on dirt is state forest except two or three rds and they lead to state forrest... Its like my back yard. I know every sq ft of those woods in and around rt 70, up and down mt misery rd from whites bogs to burrs mill and from burrs mils pit to manchester to the garden state parkway. Trust me when I say do not get caught disturbing anything out there by the forrest rangers cause i am bout tired of dealling with them or hearing all of my friends dealing with them. the area is hot and if someone say's they have been there recently and had no trouble then they are lucky cause its been my own personal experiance to live and learn in a forrest i grew up in to get cut off from as if i sold the land away. to each his own yes there is some mud but enough in one area. its more of a splash here and there and if you do get lucky enough to hit a spot unscaithed dont go back there again cause they will be waiting. oh and by the way cyrstal lake is now a single home over looking the lake on 97 acres. my company got the job to develop it and when I got the call to go there i damn near cried.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
since when did bridgeport start having wheelin events? cause if your talkin bout where i think your talkin about thats as bad as the pine barrons right now.
they dont have official wheeling events, but my cousin was telling me about a bunch of ATV trails right there. also after the races theres usually some people playing in the mud in the back part of there parking lot (not sure if that is allowed or not)

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Plus, no signs, no fine..right?
Property does not have to be posted in NJ to charge you with trespassing. It is your responsibility to find out who owns the property and get permission to go on it. :twak

Good luck finding a place where you will not get hassled. :goodfinge

God, I hate New Jersey. :banghead

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Colorado is neat..I suggest just moving out here. I hate jersey..hence why I moved!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts