Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
is hazardous to others
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pickup up a 83 LTD Crown victoria and a 70 half ton pickup this past weekend, for FREE!!!!! i got them from my girlfriend's aunt.. she was going to have them hauled to the scrap yard (scrap yard come and get them), but was going to get charged $100 each to do it! so she said if i want to come get them i could have them! I'm using the car as my new DD. the pickup is for my Dad. we are going to build a high horse power motor for it.
a couple pics for ya

·
is hazardous to others
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was happy with it.. it was about a 165 mile trip one way though... so fuel was the only thing i had to pay.. the car runs great, sat for about a year and a half. and the pickup runs...ok.. it has sat for 10 years or so..

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I love the 67-72 Fseries, good score there!

And this may be getting a little ahead of the project, but if you're looking to street rod it there are two really good front end choices. Either get the I-beams from a 73-79 f-series with disc brakes OR you can nab the front subframe out of the current generation Crown Vic. The Crown Vic frame is the same width as this generation truck, and is only 1" narrower in track width. Gets you disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, A-arm IFS, and lowers the truck about 6 inches. You can also get the rear 8.8 out of the crown vic to get matching lug patterns all around.

Justin

·
is hazardous to others
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love the 67-72 Fseries, good score there!

And this may be getting a little ahead of the project, but if you're looking to street rod it there are two really good front end choices. Either get the I-beams from a 73-79 f-series with disc brakes OR you can nab the front subframe out of the current generation Crown Vic. The Crown Vic frame is the same width as this generation truck, and is only 1" narrower in track width. Gets you disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, A-arm IFS, and lowers the truck about 6 inches. You can also get the rear 8.8 out of the crown vic to get matching lug patterns all around.

Justin
it is going to be kinda a street rod... i got a ftont axle out of a 73 pickup already for the disc brakes.. im spendin some time on fordification.com lookin at all the stuff....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.