·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
ruger1022 said:
I'm not in the market for one, but it would make a cool kit for someone...as of right now the bidding is $100 and no bidder..And no, I'm not selling it, just posting for someone in 78-79 crowd.
You forgot the link.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
What is a wheeling stripe kit?

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
that sucks.......my 79 was like the first pic...id kill to be able to find that kit cheap

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm pre-planning the restoration of my father's 1978 Bronco XLT Ranger w/ the Free-Wheeling package...

As usual, I'm late on this one... and this is EXACTLY what I'm hunting for.

Does anyone else have any other resources to come up with the FoMoCo Original Stripe Kit?!?

Thanks in advance guys -- first post here -- really looks like a great forum!

RP :D

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Other than emailing that seller, and ask if he has anymore, you'd be hard pressed to find any more. I'm sure there are quite a few, original, decal kits still around, but I don't imagine anyone willing to give one up anytime soon

·
6,012 Posts
holy crap.... that's gonna go for tons o money for that style..... wish i could find about ten sets in a warehouse somewhere.... almost be worth buying to scan it an resell your own reproductions

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh. My. God. :shocked

I can't believe it. My wildest dreams come true. When I first started reading this post, I got excited. Then I saw it was the older style stripes and I thought, oh well. And then there they were. My stripes. That I need so badly. That first picture posted is my truck. The stripes look great in that shot, because a) it's wet and b) it's from 40 feet away. My truck needs paint bad, but I won't do it until I can replace the stripes. Now, if my credit can just withstand the bidding!!! Wish me luck....

·
6,012 Posts
awesome...goodluck.... if you when em i think you should have a graphics shop scan em and make extras.... i think you could make your money back... i'm just not up for the investment at the moment

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh, man... I'm bidding against someone whose eBay name is broncofreewheeler. Which means he wants it as bad as I do. Is this anybody on here? No exact name matches on FSB, but just wondering.

If I win, I definitely plan to scan it and make reproductions. I've been planning on doing that anyway, as it seemed the only way to get replacements, but with a virgin set that isn't faded the results will be true to the original.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts