Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with all the new found home time and restaurants closing (at least in our state) let’s start a home cooked food thread. That’s all just homemade food be it frozen and heated or built from scratch.

TLW (the little woman) makes me fresh grated hash browns, 1/2 piece of bacon, 1 small sausage, and 3 fried eggs for brunch every day.

We decided to take it up a notch.. she added mixed peppers and onions (frozen) and I mixed it all up and put it in tortillas with fresh grated cheddar, and some Pace.
854690E8-A153-44B4-8C25-4E275F074D27.jpeg

what you eating?

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,172 Posts
Omg.. What aren't I eating would be a better question... What kinda home recipes u want? Doing banana cake today... Got several great crock pot recipes... Bread, pies, cakes, Pasta dishes... Carnivore specials, stews and soups are my specialty ?...u name it I probably have a great simple recipe for it...I grow, preserve, and make just about everything we eat (aside of meat, but I got a guy ?)... So... I'm ur gal for recipes and growing ?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Omg.. What aren't I eating would be a better question... What kinda home recipes u want? Doing banana cake today... Got several great crock pot recipes... Bread, pies, cakes, Pasta dishes... Carnivore specials, stews and soups are my specialty ?...u name it I probably have a great simple recipe for it...I grow, preserve, and make just about everything we eat (aside of meat, but I got a guy ?)... So... I'm ur gal for recipes and growing ?
That’s awesome! Good skills to have, not as common as it used to be.
Like you, I grow a lot of food and pressure can most of it. I want to try pressure canning some beef and some chicken...... I have never done it, but I can envision a yummy roast in a jar!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,963 Posts
That’s awesome! Good skills to have, not as common as it used to be.
Like you, I grow a lot of food and pressure can most of it. I want to try pressure canning some beef and some chicken...... I have never done it, but I can envision a yummy roast in a jar!
The Backwoodsman magazine had a great looking "canned meat stew" recipe a while back. I think they used venison.

They've often got some sort of recipes or harvesting article in every magazine. If you've never read Backwoodsman, I highly recommend it. It's for anyone from the true rugged mountain man to the city dweller growing plants on their 20th story balcony.

One of our simple meals is Hamburger Hash.

Sautee some chopped onion before browning some ground beef in a deeper skillet. I like to throw chopped carrots in towards the end of the browning. Then add chopped potatoes and carrots if you didnt already. I like to cook the taters about 10 minutes before adding water. When the potatoes start falling apart, add some brown gravy mix and frozen peas. Serve with a bread or biscuit of some kind.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys I’m not looking specifically for new recipes for me. I’m saying in general what delicious foods you been putting together since we’re captive.

·
--------------
4,353 Posts
Last night we had bean, cheese & onion burro's w/ pecan hot sauce.
tasted way better than i remember ever getting from "taco smell".

(personally, I am always game to hear / try a new recipe
unless it's liver....)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that’s what I’m talking about guys!!!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,963 Posts
Guys I’m not looking specifically for new recipes for me. I’m saying in general what delicious foods you been putting together since we’re captive.
I'm not captive. I work every day, so really life hasn't changed much for me other than the whole sanitary things.

I have made the hash I mentioned since the lockdown went in place...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Last night we had bean, cheese & onion burro's w/ pecan hot sauce.
tasted way better than i remember ever getting from "taco smell".

(personally, I am always game to hear / try a new recipe
unless it's liver....)
Actually have a great liver biscotti recipe for dog cookies. Super easy, 3 ingredients, liver (or any meat really), old fashioned oats and an egg ?

*Will post full recipe if anyone is interested

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
We did this one last week (just easier to post the link to the recipe if that's ok). Was kinda bland. It was missing something like bacon or pepperoni...
Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes

This is another great one we tried (great for u grilling guys. Just throw it on and walk away)
garlic steak & cheesy bacon potato hash foil packs

Oh... We did this one a couple weeks ago... Sooo good. Also can use the same ingredients and lasagna pasta to make a "cheese steak" lasagna... Or the large shells for cheese steak stuffed shells...yum
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK CASSEROLE

Anyone like pot pie recipes? This one is really good too (I swear I'm gonna gain 50lbs with this quarantine ☹)

And one more we did...
Cheesy pepperoni pizza stuffed chicken. Was ok... Not fabulous. Woulda been better if the chicken were flour breaded.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
303 Posts
We have been grilling a LOT lately because the weather has been great and me and our kids can’t sit inside when it’s nice. Yesterday I grilled burgers and chicken breast but also smoked a few burgers and venison steaks. I smoked some beer can chicken a few days ago and it was incredible. I haven’t found a better investment for cooking than our air fryer and my pellet smoker. We have been eating a TON of wings lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
We have been grilling a LOT lately because the weather has been great and me and our kids can’t sit inside when it’s nice. Yesterday I grilled burgers and chicken breast but also smoked a few burgers and venison steaks. I smoked some beer can chicken a few days ago and it was incredible. I haven’t found a better investment for cooking than our air fryer and my pellet smoker. We have been eating a TON of wings lol.

Gotta be careful with wings... When chickens are injected with hormones and antibiotics it's in the wings so they tend to retain a higher level of the toxins... Moot tho if u get organic or those who advertise no hormones or antibiotics ever...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tonight’s delight! Pan seared chicken breast, topped with bacon, homemade spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese, baked for 2 hours. Baked potatoes topped with chopped bacon bits (fresh), cheddar and baking sheet leftover sauce!
E3CC2FCA-F7A7-469A-8AA6-502F37C3DD4A.jpeg

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
303 Posts

Smoked these for 3 hours today on my pellet grill. They were awesome!

·
Registered
303 Posts

Buddy of mine butchered a black angus the other day and I got some awesome ribeyes. No fresher than that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts