Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm copying my post from a local Motorcycle forum here in the Houston area. Ian can use all the well wishes/prayers/thoughts he can get so I figured I would put it up here. Thanks in advance guys, this happened last Friday and I was supposed to go see him again today but the hospital said no visitors today, apparantly he is doing bad :cry

My boy Ian, Chris514Scott on here, went down yesterday afternoon heading home on 59. He was on the HOV overpass going ~25mph when a car struck him from behind. He wrecked into the wall causing him to bounce up and over the wall. Ian feel approximately 50 feet to Highway 59 below. Luckily, traffic stopped and a man drug him off to the shoulder so he wouldn't get run over. He stayed conscious the whole time, and still remembers the fall, seeing the pavement coming and even being drug off the road. He was riding with Hooligan but he was in back and Hooligan didn't notice him missing for some time. The car that hit him did not stop and the police have no information of the driver or possible suspects. Ian is a 20 year old college student at Kingwood and has just recently become a really good friend of mine, I can't imagine what all he is going through right now. I went and visited him today, he is being held in the STICU in Memorial-Herman Hospital. He's in pretty rough shape, both ankles are broken, he has a compound fracture in his left leg below the knee where it appears the leg just kinda exploded. They have that leg in a Halo at the moment. The right leg exploded at the knee and it was wrapped up about half the size of a basketball. His spleen also exploded and he underwent surgery when he arrived at the hospital to stop the internal bleeding and remove the spleen. He also broke a disc in his back(I think I remember the nurse saying T7 but I could be wrong.) He is scheduled for surgery on both legs tomorrow morning at 11. This is the second time he has been in a hit and run, not too long ago his '07 R6 was destroyed by a drunk driver and now this :sad7:. Hopefully they will move him into a room in the next few days and I can take my laptop up there so he can give ya'll an accurate first hand experience as all my information is through what he, his family, the nurses, and the police have told me. Everyone please keep Ian and his family in your thoughts as the next few months are sure to be difficult on them all.

Here are a couple pictures incase you've met him and don't know him by name:
Ian is on the left:

~Keith

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
from a fellow rider, my thoughts and prayers are with him, his family, and you... i hope he pulls through...

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
that's really a shame, i pray for his recovery.

i got rid of my bike after two close encounters with death. it just wasn't worth it to me anymore. i still think about getting another bike, but then something like this happens and i just conclude there are too many idiot drivers out there.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
wow, heres hoping he has a full recovery.

We had a bad accident a few days ago. I dont know the details but the guy wasnt breathing when help arived. And he was in critical but stable condition in the hospital by the end.

Ive got 6 or so buds that ride, and I plan on getting a bike someday. Its tough hearing stuff like this.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I like to live life a little wild sometimes, but a bike is just too scary for me. I'm really sorry that had to happen to him. Best of luck. I am still amazed he survived and stayed conscious after a 50 foot fall.

God speed!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

I like to live life a little wild sometimes, but a bike is just too scary for me. I'm really sorry that had to happen to him. Best of luck. I am still amazed he survived and stayed conscious after a 50 foot fall.

God speed!
Anyone who's driven through Texas is aware of what we call "fly-bys", they are overpasses that connect one highway to another and some are 100's of feet in the air...unfortunately it was one of these that he fell off of. It comes up and over the highway so you can enter the HOV lane w/o having to battle traffic, so when he got pushed off he fell onto the highway. I later learned that he did end up getting run over, one of his legs was his by a couple teenage girls who tried to swerve but clipped his leg.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
:stupid

That's terrible. All my best to Ian and I hope he makes a fully functional recovery.

****ing people...

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
my thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
very good to hear.

Thats a hell of a crash to go throuhg (sounds like it was about 3 crashes) and make it through. Thats one tough sumbitch thats for sure.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had a Harley for years here in Houston but it just got too scary. The cars just do not seem to see you. My neighbor was hit in the ass the day he got his new Harley. Spent several days in the hospital. He gave it up and I did also. We have a wave of illegal immigrants in our city that may mean well but they just do not understand our laws. They will kill you and drive away.
Sad, I hope Ian gets better soon.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They will kill you and drive away.
Sad, I hope Ian gets better soon.
Thanks for the well wishes. I don't think it's that they don't understand the laws, the illegals run so they don't get deported and the f*cktard locals(90% of the population) run because the penalties are not strict enough. Texas is also the worst state in the nation for drunk driving...and my county happens to be the worst county in TX for drunk driving :banghead

1 - 15 of 15 Posts