Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a Chebby but he just put the new 46" MT Claws on it and they ride better then my STS tires on the road . It had 44" boggers before , my old partner from our truck shop did the work on rebuilding the front end setup . It came out sweet .

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I have said in the past , ain't much to wheel around here . He accually just bought the truck off another friend who needed money so he got it kinda cheap . It has a 502 / 602 Chevy create motor , atlas t-case , leaf sprung D60 and a 14 bolt in the rear . To say the least it has Balls .

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
If it's stayin on the streets, then I think it'll be just fine- BUT I dont think the 1 tons will handle any abuse with that setup. That much engine and tire and your lookin at duece and a halfs for unbreakable wheeling. Even with 44s, heavy wheeling will require 35 spline outers, 1-2 ton driveshafts, NP205 case,etc etc...

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Nice truck. Is he going to show it at all?
I like your Bronco better.

You know peeps here are always going to say something about how show rigs cant wheel. I dont blame em its in their blood.
But I know where you are coming from. Your style is into showing trucks, and so far from what I have seen you and your boys are damn good at it. So I respect you even if you arent a hardcore wheeler. You said straight up in the past it isnt built for hardcore crawling, its built to win trophies, (and i am sure a little pussie too..)
At least you are not a poser telling everyone that you are the hardest wheeler in the world, but never have the pics to proove it. Theres been a few of those that came and gone.

So again you have my respect.

Now the day you paint a big yellow stripe down the middle of your Bko is the day my opinion changes...:goodfinge
:beer

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
I like it, nothing wrong with show trucks, but I like "some" ricers and lower trucks also. To me it's basically appreciating art, dedication, imagination, and hard work. Even if you don't like the way it looks, you can still appreciate that they had to put in hard work, innovations, etc to get it done.

So I'm all about it, it's very nice. BTW I'll PM this thread to Astra, for some reason she really likes those two door cheby's though I'm still trying to turn her.:thumbup

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
SquattyD said:
you guys could always go down to jersey or up into new england for some wheelin...
If he was going to wheel it in NJ, he'd better trailer/flatbed it to private land. The squirrel chasers would be all over him on public land.

Wheeled or not, it's a nice truck. I've always liked that body style. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I like it :thumbup

it is disappointing it doesn't get wheeled, but I like it nonetheless :beer .... seems to me it has the potential to be a pretty stout rig offroad with different tires ... those balloons are good for sand though

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
it does look good. not everyone w/ a modded 4x4 wants to wheel it. i don'thave a problem with that, unless he claimsto wheel all the time.

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
there's only one way to find out!

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well said Smooth

I am a little catious about driving into or through Jersey . 44" tires are like driving the wrong way on the Garden State Parkway during rush hour , your bound to go to jail .

He will probably end up taking it out on the beach but thats probably about it .

About it floating , it may just be a little too heavy . LOL

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Very Impressive....I just wonder about the longevity of the drive train with D60's, 46 inch tires and a 502! The driveshaft angles have to be insane....so when do wqe get to see him running over some cars and causing mayhem at the shop?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts