Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two trucks. 85 bronco and 95 f150. Bronco blew up it's parts are going on the 95. My current trans -m5od will be replaced with np435/np208. How hard will this be. Besides cutting hole in floor for 4x4 shifter. Also a few side questions. On the np435 why is 1st gear such a far movement of the shifter. Second on the np208 I can see a metal ring that looks like a big spring. Or if u know what a bearing seal ring/spring looks like than that's what I'm talking about. Howcome I can see that. Also should I keep my rear end or switch to the bronco one. Worries are I lose my mph guage. If I keep my stock 95 rear axle I'll have 3.31 gears rear 3.55 gears front.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
seems like a lot of work and you will loose overdrive
will need custom driveshafts

are you thinking about making the f150 a 4x4 with bronco ttb front end too?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Were it me I'd sell the two and buy one good one. This would have to be a project of love, not need because it will nickel and dime you to death.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I will be putting the ttb up front under my 95 f150. As far as driveshafts I'm 90% sure they will fit. Not to mention they have slip yokes if off a little but anyways I think wheelbase is the same

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Like mentioned, sell both and buy something thats ready to go.
Anything is doable with time and $$$.
The hole for the t case shifter was already done for you by Ford, so go ahead and cross that off the to do list

Then you have your gearing issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a mechanic and I've done this before. I do believe the driveshafts will be my only problem. it's not hard theses forums are here for DIY kinda guys. I don't need to be told what to do finically

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
The bronco's wheelbase is shorter. Also a bronco t-case is a fixed yoke or flange where a truck uses a slip yoke. It can be done though but like said it will not be as cheap as you would think.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I'm a mechanic and I've done this before. I do believe the driveshafts will be my only problem. it's not hard theses forums are here for DIY kinda guys. I don't need to be told what to do finically
You are a mechanic yet you ask if two different gear ratios will work in a 4 wheel drive.

Shit....forgot.....this is a flame free zone :doh0715:

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
You are a mechanic yet you ask if two different gear ratios will work in a 4 wheel drive.

Any self respecting "mechanic" would obviously know this is an issue and is due the flaming if he thinks that he can "make it work" without changing the ratio of one of the axles.

Unless he knows how to do R&P set ups, which makes it a non-issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My driveshafts are slip yoke. Correct me if I'm using the wrong term. I've heard the transfercase slip yoke is bad anyways because it litterally can pull the internals out cause leaks get bent etc etc. anyways my f150 is a single can regular bed witch is a really small truck and beside my bronco they look like same length.anyways looks like I'll be measuring the shafts. Hopefully my slip yoke driveshafts will accommodate the differance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I've run different ratios in mud trucks all the time. But were talking about a wimpy np208 street truck t case. I know u can have the front diff from the rear but I forget by how much.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Who cares about the driveshafts. You have numerous other issues before you even get to that point. Besides, is lengthening or shortening your drive shafts such a big deal? Around here you can take it to someone and have them shorten/lengthen it for a small chunk of change.

Mph gauge? We call that a speedometer.

Why wouldn't you just swap in a new engine in the Bronco? (Assuming that's what was wrong with it?)

·
Registered
155 Posts
3.54 and 3.55 gears or 4.10 and 4.11 is manageable but not 3.55 and 3.31, for road use atleast. Your 85 bronco came with a 9" rear i believe, put that bad boy under the f150.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Why not just install F-150 cab on Bronco frame and shorten bed?

I was in this same boat yesteryear btw.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts