Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past several days we have all seen the new FSB forum and we all have opinions on what we now have. I admit there are things about this new forum that I do not like and I am sure most of you have a laundry list of your own dislikes / hates about it.

What I want to do in this thread is generate a conversation about what you LIKES are about the new set-up. I think if we start thinking about this issue in a positive light instead of a negative light, it may be easier to swallow. I truly believe that the change is here to stay and no matter how much we gripe and complain, it will not go back to the old format.

So, please post your likes about the new set-up only, this is not a thread to argue and complain, but a thread to point out things that you deem as new, inventive, positive and just plain neat. You never know, there may be things posted here that you have not discovered for yourself yet that may help you adjust. I know that I have found several things that I like that the old forum either did not have, or that I had not discovered in the old forum that I have found here. It may be that it was easier to locate or figure out by trial and error.

Please keep this thread 100% positive, we have enough negative threads floating around the forum right now.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will start with a few likes...

1. I LOVE the fact that when you go to a post by clicking on the post title, it takes you back to the last place you had read before. You can also go right to the last post by clicking on the name of the last poster. No more scrolling through posts you have already read before.

2. Posting pictures and links to videos seems to be much easier. There does appear to be a file size limit so that we may have to reduce some photos before posting, but that is a minor thing to deal with.

3. The personal signatures have more depth to them. In the old forum I could only put text and smileys in my signature. I know there was a way to add more in the old forum, but it seemed complicated to me so I never bothered. On this forum it seems much more user friendly to add things like photos in signature lines. I like this.

Lets see what everyone else thinks is new and improved....

·
Super Moderator
23,376 Posts
Yo,
As klh95bronco mentioned, "...Posting pictures and links to videos seems to be much easier..."
I really like the ability to copy text and images without having to seperately copy and paste the image URLs
For example, this was just one copy and paste;
"Yo,
But this set of tests includes use of Ford's old Break-Out Box; so, as I mentioned in another thread here; In place of the break-out box, go to the EEC V connector pin instead; Substitute EEC V connector pin Number for breakout box number

attachment.php?attachmentid=17587&stc=1&

PCM Connector Pin-Out Diagram with Circuit Functions in a 96 5.0 and 5.8
Pin Number Circuit Circuit Function
Iggie the ? Marks.
1 315 (P/O) PCM to Transmission Shift Solenoid No. 2
2 658 (P/LG) PCM to Check Engine Indicator Lamp
3 � Not Used ..."
etc.
Changes;
I will live with this upgrade and watch it mature as time passes and the Vertiscope team acts on our suggestions as I did when transitioning from the Bronco newsgroups such as https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/alt.autos.ford/Cn_BXFp-tnQ/YAxqDAUbf9MJ to bronco.com and later, some long gone rudimentary message boards.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant believe no one else has anything they like about the new forum platform.....

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,182 Posts
It's all great. I have no complaints at all about the new system.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Ford Hoarder
6,299 Posts
Small thing, I like that if I start typing a reply but do not hit post. It keeps what I typed as like a "Draft" of sorts.
I also like that the picture uploader (at least for paid membership people) works great now.
Agree on the speed being much faster.
My signiture has always been a little busier then most so I like that, it is easier to edit it now too.

·
ate lug
8,451 Posts
I cant believe no one else has anything they like about the new forum platform.....
Maybe most people dont have any positives?

I guess mobile view seems better? But i rarely use it as i typically log on via my PC. But i didnt post cuz i hate the way it looks on my PC. VBB nailed it on forum layout, this design is crap by comparison.

I dont post much these days, so i cant honestly say ive found anything yet that i like better about the new forum.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
If they say the site is more secure I'll take their word for it.

I do like selecting text to quote instead of quoting the whole thing and then trimming it down to what I want.

What else? I've got nothing. I don't think it's all horrible, mind you. I just don't know what I'm supposed to see as improved. I don't find any improvement in layout. I don't care about trophies. I'm indifferent on most of the changes, I guess. When I'm on my phone I use Tapatalk. Otherwise I'm on a laptop. So any improvements in the mobile version do nothing for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I very much enjoy the multiquote system. Makes life a smidge easier. I also have been playing around a lot with manually entering BBCode tags and there is a much greater support for them now than there was previously. For example, I can do a table now whereas before I couldn't. I get a little wild using the tags in my build thread. The little image widget for inserting a url is a quick thing to use, too. I also appreciate the dark mode a ton.

·
--------------
3,947 Posts
Ohhh, I got 1...

I "like" how now when I want to add a pic, I can just click the "insert image" button and
"Drag & Drop" a pic right from my files.
(kinda like this 37kb one i just used elsewhere.)
No more "Loading Attachment" wait time or other stuff.

(Toothless Smiley woulda been here)

·
Super Moderator
23,376 Posts
Yo,
I like the new Icons to left of one's Avatar.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,431 Posts
Yo,
I like the new Icons to left of one's Avatar.
That's something I dont see in mobile mode I guess.

I have zero major complaints. In fact, the only thing i dont like so far is not having my old subscription list. And a few smilies...

Overall, things are good in BigBlue land.

·
Administrator
1,125 Posts
That's something I dont see in mobile mode I guess.

I have zero major complaints. In fact, the only thing i dont like so far is not having my old subscription list. And a few smilies...

Overall, things are good in BigBlue land.
I am not 100% certain this is what you are referring to, but just in case, if you click on your avatar (near the upper right-hand side of the forum and select following from the drop-down menu, you will find the threads you are subscribed to.

- Cricket

·
Addicted to Junk
10,431 Posts
I am not 100% certain this is what you are referring to, but just in case, if you click on your avatar (near the upper right-hand side of the forum and select following from the drop-down menu, you will find the threads you are subscribed to.

- Cricket
I actually tried that last week some time and nothing was there. I just checked again and it's all there! Wooooo!

·
Low Buck Bum
3,489 Posts
I have to agree, I do enjoy the ease of adding links and pictures into posts now, but I'm still disappointed that we lost our smilies. :goodfinge was a great way to make sure that sarcasm (of which there is a LOT on this site) wasn't lost on whoever was reading your posts.

... and not to beat a dead horse, because I know you're looking for positives, but VS's silence after multiple requests to restore the smilies or release the code so we can figure out how to host them ourselves pisses me off to no end. Maybe it's not that important in the overall scheme of things, but it FEELS important to me, then again, I learned long ago that my feelings don't mean shit, lol.

I'm still getting used to the navigation, but it is becoming a little more clear how the mechanics of the update work. I'm holding out hope.

·
Administrator
1,125 Posts
I have to agree, I do enjoy the ease of adding links and pictures into posts now, but I'm still disappointed that we lost our smilies. :goodfinge was a great way to make sure that sarcasm (of which there is a LOT on this site) wasn't lost on whoever was reading your posts.

... and not to beat a dead horse, because I know you're looking for positives, but VS's silence after multiple requests to restore the smilies or release the code so we can figure out how to host them ourselves pisses me off to no end. Maybe it's not that important in the overall scheme of things, but it FEELS important to me, then again, I learned long ago that my feelings don't mean shit, lol.

I'm still getting used to the navigation, but it is becoming a little more clear how the mechanics of the update work. I'm holding out hope.
You can copy/paste the image to the smile if its not in the current container of smiles. There is no grand conspiracy here, we do from time to time miss a question or request. You are talking to humans on this end.
-Philip

·
Low Buck Bum
3,489 Posts
You can copy/paste the image to the smile if its not in the current container of smiles. There is no grand conspiracy here, we do from time to time miss a question or request. You are talking to humans on this end.
-Philip
A couple of things here:

#1) how am I going to copy/paste an image of a gif that I don't have access to?

#2) I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I believe in selective behaviors based on desired outcomes.

#3) I was never under the impression that you were anything but human, but thank you for clearing that up for me. See, I can be passive/aggressive too! What fun!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts