Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Low Buck Bum
3,489 Posts
I know some of the feel of the familiar GIF-ed smileys may be missed, I've seen others that have felt that way, but when they started to integrate full GIFs instead they found they could express a wider scope of emotions than what the old emotes gave.
-Gerrit
This statement shows right there what disconnect there is between VS and FSB. Those emotes were OUR emotes, they mean something more than just what you see. That motorcycle Bikerpepe showed you? That IS BIKERPEPE. Those little emotes were OURS. You took what was OURS. I'm having trouble understanding how none of you "fullsize" admins can't grasp that simple concept.

We at FSB had something that was unique to us, we loved it and you took it away.

Give it back.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This statement shows right there what disconnect there is between VS and FSB. Those emotes were OUR emotes, they mean something more than just what you see. That motorcycle Bikerpepe showed you? That IS BIKERPEPE. Those little emotes were OURS. You took what was OURS. I'm having trouble understanding how none of you "fullsize" admins can't grasp that simple concept.

We at FSB had something that was unique to us, we loved it and you took it away.

Give it back.
HERE Here <cheers>

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
So am I the only one wondering why they had to change everything about our community? Big F'n deal that they had to use a new platform. So they are telling me that with all of the new tech out there they couldn't make pretty much everything look like it did? I'll believe that when me and Hillary sit down for a beer at Heaven's Gate! I can't spend a lot of time here so prior to the change I could cruise the site and in minutes find anything new posted in any forum and and see replies on topics I responded to. I didn't have to follow $h!t!!. Now every forum has 5, 10, and more topics with last posted dates that are months old. When I see that I quit looking and move on. WTF is so hard about having the most recent conversations at the top of the column in each forum. Dash disagreed with me when I said that the dweebs writing this crap couldn't and can't understand us simple people and I'll stand by that statement. If the designers understood what we old timers are talking about the place wouldn't look like a doctors office with a smattering of colors and a few flyers on the wall. The F'n place would look like a cool garage with a bunch of old Ford trucks parked in it. Jesus H. Christ!! The only thing with color is a F'n Buick advertisement!!! I used to get excited about coming here. Now I'd sooner just head to the shop or my basement and look at my parts. What a frickin' shame. I miss You guys, but this place is a drag.
Swamp

·
Bronco Snob
1,923 Posts
So am I the only one wondering why they had to change everything about our community?
No, Swamp you are not alone...but apparently like me, you are just to stupid to know that this new format is better. So just shut up and dont complain and enjoy this new format, because it is better.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Please keep this thread 100% positive, we have enough negative threads floating around the forum right now.
I should have known this thread wouldn't remain positive....... what was I thinking......

·
Bronco Snob
1,923 Posts
Can you direct me to the 'Negative thread area'? .....I cant seem to find it. I see this site also had its sense of humor disabled.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I like to use GIPHY to show the more complex emotes, and they integrate well into the text :)

-Gerrit
Sorry Gerrit. They most assuredly do not integrate AT ALL!!!

Epic failure writ large...

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Hello all,

Please try to keep the feedback and questions in this thread below since we have posted many tutorials and answered most of these questions already.

Jeff M

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Sounded more like a rebuttal then a question...@Want2BS8ed u could be lucky like me and have the problem being "unique to your profile" 😏

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounded more like a rebuttal then a question...@Want2BS8ed u could be lucky like me and have the problem being "unique to your profile"
I think the whole rebuttal thing went sailing straight over their head...

·
Premium Member
34,846 Posts
well... I will say this: I had no idea how many members these days access the forum with a mobile device. I somehow managed to avoid the overnight conversion but seeing all the recent screenshots, I honestly don't know how you folks do it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
With all due respect, That isn't an answer at all. No you haven't answered all of the questions. Like why is the page design is like a morgue. Fricking E.D. ads have more interesting layouts than this place. Why didn't the "design team" actually design something instead of throwing the FSB name onto a generic boring base? Why didn't the "design team" actually use the site for a while to see what people were using and how it worked?

·
Premium Member
34,846 Posts
wrong thread @Swamp You'll need to lodge complaints in the other thread but they won't get answered if they aren't specific to problems or suggestions and it's still a crap shoot. I bitched until I was blue in the face and bitched some more until I passed out. Welcome to FSB, corporate version 2.0

I am glad to be able to put my regular Avatar back now without it looking completely forked up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
@Swamp I imagine it has something to do with an across-the-board change to their forums? I also participate in a G8 forum and that was was also changed to this exact layout, and receive the new squared avatar shapes the same time we did. I think they probably flipped the switch on a bunch of forums and (unfortunately) we are a drop in the bucket.

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Your collective feedback is how we build out updates to all the sites. The site is deigned to load quickly and work scale to any device.
-Philip

41 - 58 of 58 Posts