Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck are we supposed to access the yellow parking lights? Do I need to drop everything from the front end?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
It's kind of a pain but once you have done it once it gets easier. You have to pop the trim/amber light out. The trim and turn signal is a one piece unit. To do this open the hood and unscrew the two screws holding it in from the top. Then the tricky part. On both sides there are posts atached to the amber light that go through the body (toward the back of the Bronco. They are held on by 1/2" nuts. There are access holes for these nuts but they are difficult to get to. You need to fish your hands and socket down between the battery/windshield fluid to access them. It would not be a bad idea to remove those things depending on which side you are working on. Once you get the two nuts off the assembly can pull right off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you replacing the whole thing or just bulbs???? I just did this and don't remember it being that difficult.... But, I was just doing the bulbs..... They all pop out with a push and a twist.... If you're replacing the housings then BoulderBronco has it right....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. I'm just replacing the bulb. Both of my clear side marker lights are out...failed inspection because of them...but the lower bulb out side of the blinker is also burnt out....and that's the motha you know what!!

With all my vehicles I've made it a practice to replace every bulb if any 'one' goes out...don't need to get pulled over due to a bad license bulb...

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
cgtocop said:
Both of my clear side marker lights are out...failed inspection because of them
It's too bad you failed for those not working because they don't exist. There are no lights in those clear corners. Just in the amber turn signal below it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are two amber lights within the clear lense?? I swear there are wire leading into it also...it's 8:45 PM...now I'll have to look damn it!

Boulder Bronco, Do you have a single exhaust on your Bronco or dual? I may be installing a superflow catalectic converter off a three inch with a magna flow muffler. any other recommendations?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
cgtocop said:
Boulder Bronco, Do you have a single exhaust on your Bronco or dual?
Try none. Just a cat and nothing else. I am going to go for the Bassanni Headers and complete exhaust this coming spring. For the time being it's fine the way it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts