Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any good recommendation for a good front and rear aftermarket bumper? I really don't prefer the pre-runner style. Basic winch mount with push bar in front and tire carrier/jerry-can rear.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bigherm,

I am looking at the same rear bumper and have a couple questions.

Is it solid and sturdy? Does it rattle and squeak? Do you like it? I usually like to purchase local and see it before I buy but this is the only one Ive seen that I liked so far,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice metal work, Bighern!
Thank you. This was truly my very first project of something this magnitude. I'm very pleased with how it came out. Def a learning experience for me.

What brand basket and what size?
It's a Surco Safari Roof Rack Basket, 50x50x5. I ordered it from Amazon 4 years ago and it's still holding up really well.

Bigherm,

I am looking at the same rear bumper and have a couple questions.

Is it solid and sturdy? Does it rattle and squeak? Do you like it? I usually like to purchase local and see it before I buy but this is the only one Ive seen that I liked so far,
It's very sturdy. I haven't towed with it yet though. Haven't heard any rattles or squeaks. I used all new grade 8 hardware when I installed it. I have no regrets in purchasing the bumper.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ranch hand makes a front bumper but nothing for the rear.If you want a rear tire carrier your options are about 3 companies or have one custom made.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Do you know how wide your front guard is? Do you mount it on the inside, outside, bottom of the frame? Did you have to drill into the frame?

I'm wondering because someone has one for sale on craigslist just like this but I'm not sure if it will fit. It's from an older Chevy truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ranch hand makes a front bumper but nothing for the rear.If you want a rear tire carrier your options are about 3 companies or have one custom made.
cross enterprises has a interesting rear bumper but its not cheap, personally id buy or build a pipe style rear bumper and just fab up your own rear tire carrier for it.

as for the front id do a full replacement bambi basher with the front 2'' reciever from either cattleman or gage and make or buy your own winch tray to bolt to the front reciever hitch. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
518 Posts
I never heard of cross enterprises tell now,But I'm not a fan of how tiny the tire carrier mount and how thin the carrier its self looks.Most aftermarket tire carriers use a spindle and wheel bearings off a truck as a mount because its stronger and easy to rebuild if you ever wear it out.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Check out Proto Fab. At least some of the bumpers on JBG are from Proto Fab. I have their rear bumper with tire carrier and jerry can. It's awesome. It is built like a tank and the craftsmanship is superb. It is also very competitively priced. It was clearly the best value when I was looking. I also like that it wraps around the corner slightly for extra protection.

My front is a modified stock bumper with a Warn Transformer grill guard, winch mount and front receiver hitch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts