Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in the desert and recently went rock crawling with my Boss at Florence Junction. All I saw out there were solid front axles: is there a less teadious way to beef up the front "chicken wings on my 86?::smilie_slap Sorry, new to the site and didn't have my specs up. I bought it used had a remanned Marshal block installed to whatever [email protected]&*!!! was on the old block (by the way NEVER GO TO SUN DEVIL AUTO IN SUN LAKES!!!!!!!! RIP OFF ARTISTS!!!) Had to get that out. I'm sitting on 33x12.5x15's with good clearance so must have couple inch lift. 2bbl carb that's runnin way rich, Dynomax headers, soon to be coupled into single 3" tailpipe. Don't know anything more about it. ????? axle rear?? NP208 case?? I just need some help figuring out what's there and good and what I need to cut off and replace. I CAN TIG AND MIG ALUMINUM,STAINLESS AND STEEL

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
What's your setup? You need to post your truck specs. Filling out your truck info in your profile/sig would help too.

It depends on what you do. Is it your daily driver? Do you rock crawl often?

Need more info! ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
DO IT! It's totally worth it. Do what I did...find a rust-bucket, piece of crap, falling apart 78 or 79 Bronco (Don't DARE tear up a good one though!!!) and swap it out. It can be a pretty easy swap if you have basic fab skills and a friend with a shop, and it can be done pretty cheaply too if needed. When I first swapped, I ran 31" tires and it did awesome on-road. Good luck!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
SAS forum is your friend. As is the search button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, I'm new to the site and appreciate all the info I can get.. In the desert down here we have some wicked wheelin' and I'd hate to smudge the FORD name by having a JEEP pull me out!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts