Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
4,397 Posts
I would use an 80w90 conventional gear oil of your choice. I'm assuming that was what was used when these were new or something close to it.

I know Eaton does not recommend synthetic gear oils with their Truetrac and Detroit lockers, so I'd imagine if conventional is good enough for them then it's probably good enough for your lock rite.

Link for reference to my Eaton claim for the skeptics. lol.

· Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
4,397 Posts
That's essentially what I was told at my local 4x4 shop when I asked about gear oil for my new gears/lockers. The guy said as long as I was changing it that it was less of a concern as long as the oil was of good quality. Gear oil is probably the least changed oil in any DD vehicle.

· Premium Member
4,397 Posts
That or the MT90. They both say they are safe with brass parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.