Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some assistance in finding a front bench seat for my '78. I'm currently running some older Mustang bucket seats. I am able to find tons of reupholstery options online, but no actual seats. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Junkyards. Benches from 78-79 Broncos and 73-79 supercab trucks should fit. I know the yard near me has 3 or so supercabs with benches. I'm thinking they are more common.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Junkyards. Benches from 78-79 Broncos and 73-79 supercab trucks should fit. I know the yard near me has 3 or so supercabs with benches. I'm thinking they are more common.
Yeah, I’m assuming actual Bronco seats are harder to find.. a junkyard does seem to be my only option.: I would just refit it with leather

·
Super Moderator
24,653 Posts
Yo t30746,
"...All '80-96 Bronco & '80-97 F-series seats (bench, bucket, whatever) are interchangeable. The most you'd have to do is add wiring for the lumbar pump. The floorpans are identical where the front seats go...." by Steve

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander @ https://www.hollanderparts.com
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @: Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
I just Searched for 1978 >Ford > Bronco > Interior > Front Seat > Alternate Front Seat

One fairly close result to you is @ Wrightstown, PA Used Auto & Truck Parts 870 Penns Park Rd Wrightstown, PA 18940 215-598-3422
Call for price

Other sites are in upper mid-west and Oregon, however no description given for buckets or bench.
Try searching for other years or call local Hollander yard.
■●■
or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as
1978 - 199
6Ford Bronco (Full Size)
Seat, Front​
Close result;
Seat Assembly, Front
Ford Bronco
TAN,VYL,BEN
$Call​
Carlisle Auto & Truck Salvage,Inc USA-PA(Carlisle) Request_Quote 717-238-1500 / 717-766-0579 Request_Insurance_Quote
Seat Assembly, Front
Ford Bronco Full Size
NICE BLUE CLOTH BENCH SMHOLE, BLUE-BLUE
➡$165​
ARichner Auto Parts USA-PA(Milesburg) Request_Quote 814-355-3851 Request_Insurance_Quote

Seat Assembly, Front
Ford Bronco Full Size
SMALL RIP,CLOTH BENCH, BLUE-BLUE
$Call​
ARichner Auto Parts USA-PA(Milesburg) Request_Quote 814-355-3851 Request_Insurance_Quote
See 7 more pages to go through

■●■
¤
http://www.picknpull.com
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states
Can NOT Select certain parts
■●■
Row52
Can NOT Select certain parts
AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.

BTW, our rules require both sellers and buyers have a minimum of 75non-padded posts to partipate in transactions and only in the For Sale/Where to Buy Section

➡As a wise Administrator once advised, "Let's keep it off the open forum and if you want to discuss, then keep it in Private Messages".
"Once it's outside of the For Sale/Where to Buy Section, it's just between the parties, thus the Administration here can't resolve any issues."
•●□■•¤●□
Here is some info for you:

1978 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Indybronco

1978 Bronco Emission Component Location Diagrams via 78brncoxlt

1978 Ford Bronco & Truck Wiring Diagrams by Ford via Bronc Mom @ Demo78 wiring diagram.pdf

1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via topsig (Ziggy); similar to 78.

1979 Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics
Similar to 78

Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

MANY 78 Parts Break-Out Diagrams by Indybronco (Lula Mae) @ pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

78 351M/400 Engine Exhaust Emission Control Information Decal & Timing by member grovermyson @ Timing - Do I need to do anything ?

C6 Auto Transmission, if equipped, Description & Operation, Adjustments, Diagnosis & Testing (partial), Disassembly & Assembly, Parts Break-Out Diagram, Hydraulic Control System Diagram, Removal & Installation & Specifications @ https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_155464716156516&key=6ed47b392b9edfe394b9e89b72717104&libId=ju70qeuf01000bgv000MAb4isjltc&loc=https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/6-1978-79-bronco-tech/210246-c6-rebuild.html&v=1&opt=true&out=http://www.thedieselfiles.com/Ford/C6%20Automatic%20tranny.pdf&ref=https://www.google.com/&title=C6 Rebuild - Ford Bronco Forum&txt=Description & Operation, Adjustments, Diagnosis & Testing (partial), Disassembly & Assembly, Parts Break-Out Diag...

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes too long to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 installed. Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tilt wheel Diagram, Tire Rack.

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Build section that requires a 30 post count & Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ includes for example, How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html

Try to find time to Participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts