Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am looking at my truck this afternoon after walking out of the ol walmart and notice that it is slightly raked.
i have the lid off for the winter here, and ever since then, the rake has seemed more pronounced.

i have know that my front body mount bushings are dry rotted and more than ready to be replaced. but now i have got to thinken.

is this a good time to do a body lift? i have been thinking over the notion of putting a 1 or 2 inch lift on since i got the 6inch suspension lift done over the summer.

if i get the body lift kit, does that include the body mount bushings or do they go inplace of the body mounts?

i have never had or done a body lift before only suspension lifts.

if i do a mild body lift like 1" i will probably use the hockey puck method. i just helped a heeper friend do that to his and it worked out fine.

what have y'all got to say about them apples?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
no body lift kits come with the body bushings. i would replace the body bushings all with poly and then y6u decide if you want more lift. i went with a 3" body lift on poly mounts.....mike

·
Zombie Hunter
13,686 Posts
don't let your body mounts get too bad. My core support is shot, and the body mounts are on their way out too. My plan is to replace them all with poly body mounts

www.4wheelcustoms.com has a kit that i am looking at for like $86. I am not a big fan of body lifts, the gaps rather irritating to me, and all the linkage needs extended.

But if you want to do one, this would be the best time!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my core support around the bushings i think is shot. i am not sure, likely wont know until i take the bushings out and see what falls on my feet.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
haha, same prob here but only on the pass side, maybe more batt acid has leaked down there over the years...:shrug I am jsut going to weld a fat washer in to hold it down. They actually sell body mounts for older firebird with hardware kit which includes giant washers as they have the same prob. Mine got all brazed in on the car and hold up with out an issue

·
Registered
135 Posts
so the body lift doesnt replace the mount bushings? i have one that is shot, since the lift is going to be cheaper i was going to do that but your saying i need new bushing kit and the lift kit?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,686 Posts
Ogee, do you have any trouble with that when you are wheeling? I was going to do the front clip swap from my donor bronco before i went to the badlands for the M & G, but then decided i didn't want to do any body work prior to it, cuz i am gonna play on the rocks a bit.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
Ogee, do you have any trouble with that when you are wheeling? I was going to do the front clip swap from my donor bronco before i went to the badlands for the M & G, but then decided i didn't want to do any body work prior to it, cuz i am gonna play on the rocks a bit.
I donno dude--that's my '89 F150 and i dont wheel it. :shrug

·
Registered
176 Posts
Confused, is there an upper and lower bushing? If I go on broncograveyard and order their "daystar body mount bushing kit" for 90$ does that come with all the rubber I need for mounting the body to the frame?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts