Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I discovered that its much easier to do spark plugs when you just remove the inner fender. That's when I discovered this:

If you can't tell from the picture, the body mount itself has rusted of its top support. I always knew my front end was in rough shape, and specifically the body mounts, but I am now realizing how bad it is, but more importantly: how do I fix it?? This may be the one I finally buy a welder for... :whiteflag

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All bolt in I assume? Good thing I'm accustomed to ford rivets by now as they seem to pop up everywhere... :banghead

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Yes, all bolts. I drilled some holes through some 2x4's for a piece of conduit to slip through and hung my radiator and AC condenser from it. The hood and fenders can stay on if you want- I removed mine because I was replacing them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thanks for the quick reply and all the information dustball :beer
This will makes things a lot easier.

·
Registered
226 Posts
im wondering where dustball got a set of gumbo monster mudders wit so much tread

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I agree with the others that you need to replace the rad core support along with the body mount bushings. You may discover after removing those items that the bottom frame mounts for the bushings are also rusted out, exp the hole in the center of them. Those are riveted on but worthy of replacing while you're doing the rest. Although, by the pics of the severe rust, you may have similar issues with the rest of the frame/ body mounts. JSM84

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
I agree with the others that you need to replace the rad core support along with the body mount bushings. You may discover after removing those items that the bottom frame mounts for the bushings are also rusted out, exp the hole in the center of them. Those are riveted on but worthy of replacing while you're doing the rest.
Good point- this is what mine looked like.

Bought new mounts from Ford-

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got those frame mounts already a while ago in anticipation of something like this, and they were from bronco graveyard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts