Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the last hour, looking for the thread, by someone I forgot who started it, about a set of front pads with some kind of special compound to them. AFAIK, they were pleased with the pads, despite them being about $60/set... I think that's what they cost

Anyone remember who it was, or what the brake pads were?

· Former owner of Shadofax
17,475 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I just spent the last hour, looking for the thread, by someone I forgot who started it, about a set of front pads with some kind of special compound to them. AFAIK, they were pleased with the pads, despite them being about $60/set... I think that's what they cost

Anyone remember who it was, or what the brake pads were?
Not sure I remember it, but being into "pads", there are only a few kinds to choose from:
standard organic (cheap)
semi-metallic (better)
semi-metallic/carbon enhanced (you get the picture)
cabon metallic
ceramic (not sure about these, anyone?)

I have always ran semi metallic and or carbon or cabon enhanced, always perform well, with life in the 40k mile range running 35's.

· Registered
259 Posts
I have Wagner ceramics (both on the pads and shoes) and they work great. No squeaks till it's time to replace and they hold up great from my experience... never used anything else.

· Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that you guys mention it, I do recall them being purchased from NAPA, and having a carbon compound in them. I swore it was 94_chickentaco that had posted about it, but I couldn't remember, nor could I remember if it was him, or someone else

· Registered
259 Posts
I got ceramics all around on my truck for $150 installed... but I know the guy very well, I do all his computer work :thumbup .

I love the pads, had them on my Explorer and now on my Bronco.. I'd never go back to anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.