Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the last hour, looking for the thread, by someone I forgot who started it, about a set of front pads with some kind of special compound to them. AFAIK, they were pleased with the pads, despite them being about $60/set... I think that's what they cost

Anyone remember who it was, or what the brake pads were?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I just spent the last hour, looking for the thread, by someone I forgot who started it, about a set of front pads with some kind of special compound to them. AFAIK, they were pleased with the pads, despite them being about $60/set... I think that's what they cost

Anyone remember who it was, or what the brake pads were?
Not sure I remember it, but being into "pads", there are only a few kinds to choose from:
standard organic (cheap)
semi-metallic (better)
semi-metallic/carbon enhanced (you get the picture)
cabon metallic
ceramic (not sure about these, anyone?)

I have always ran semi metallic and or carbon or cabon enhanced, always perform well, with life in the 40k mile range running 35's.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have Wagner ceramics (both on the pads and shoes) and they work great. No squeaks till it's time to replace and they hold up great from my experience... never used anything else.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that you guys mention it, I do recall them being purchased from NAPA, and having a carbon compound in them. I swore it was 94_chickentaco that had posted about it, but I couldn't remember, nor could I remember if it was him, or someone else

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
ceramic are suppose to be one of the best...better stopping, no squeling, no dust...but i think they are most exp. IIRC

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well nuts, now wtf am I thinking of? ceramic, or carbon-metallic? I won't need any special rotors for the ceramics, will I? I don't think so, but I can't remember that either

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got ceramics all around on my truck for $150 installed... but I know the guy very well, I do all his computer work :thumbup .

I love the pads, had them on my Explorer and now on my Bronco.. I'd never go back to anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts