Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 95 bronco the fronts are grabbing way more than the rear. When I step on the brakes you can feels the Bronco nose dive. The pads and rotors were new a couple months ago. The rears shoes are good. It only does it some of the time though, not every time. I searched, but I didn't find anything. If I missed it I'm sorry for the repost. Could it be the proportioning valve, master cylinder, or what do you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Disassemble and clean rear brake adjuster parts; pay special attention to the fulcrum for the adjustment cable and the cable. You'll need to either clean, wirebrush, and grease the asjuster screw threads, or buy new ones and grase well with antisieze.

My bet is on rear brakes failing to self-adjust.

·
Banned
34,685 Posts
There's no "proportioning valve", so don't worry about that. The "residual pressure valve" on the MC rarely goes bad.

My money is with Boodyrider - rear brakes sticking somewhere. Click my sig & look in the Brakes & Hubs album, and in the Diagrams album.

·
Registered
36 Posts
front brakes grabbing

I also have 95 bronco, the first 4 or 5 times I apply the brakes in my driveway, the front grab, lock and cause tires to skid. after application a few times, this goes away. it seems to only happen in the morning after the truck has been sitting over nite. I'm now dealing with heat issues to my hubs after having them redone with new wheel bearings, hubs, rotors, etc. Wondering if both issues are related. The brake pads as well as rear brakes, are approximately 3 to 5 months old without many miles on them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts