Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front Bushwackers finally gone ... but ...

Now I am left with the dilemna that had me holding off on removing when I took the rears off ... look at the gaps I have to close :confused:

I need some ideas on how to go about doing this, since I am really at a loss trying to connect the plastic "bridge" to the fender

in this shot you can see the shiny black bridge from the fender well to the fender .. it was simply screwed into the botton of the flare and was nice and clean

shitty cut the flare had hidden :thumbup

and finishing up the cleanup of the edges .. had to do both since the flare hid that ratty sawzall cut

so now what the hell do I do? :shrug .... I am pretty low on ideas ....

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bro :thumbup .. that's a beautiful job ... a bit too nice for me though .... and I need a damn welder to pull it off :cry

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, that was the plan brutha, but the CFO had something to say about my budgeting on that one :p

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
put one on lay away.When it's paid for tell her you're borrrowing it from a freind and that friend wants to sell it for a real low price and doesn't care how long you take to pay it off. that's how i bought my Oxy/Ace setup :thumbup

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehehe, I hear that :thumbup ... problem is I am looking to do a lay away on a winch now :shrug have it paid off by May ..... hmmmm :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
78bronco460 said:
Make a couple dozen sheetmetal L's and pop rivet the fenderwell and fender to them.

that seems to be the only alternative that I have ... only thing I can come up with too :shrug ... figure that'll look a bit 'frankenstien'

Damn, I gotta get that welder ...................

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
First ship me the bushwackers.

Second i think you be able to do like in that article but instead of welding the back piece just cut some thin molded rubber like the front fenders and scre that to th inner fender and then make a lip on the outer side and screw it to that. :shrug that way you can have even bigger wheels. :smash

But do number one first....:lolup

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I think todds idea would work very very well...

Im not sure what they used, But it likes pretty pliable, just make sure you keep an even edge on the outside, And fold the rest under....Run a screw every 10 inches or so....Bam

Easy on the wallet.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
fender flairs suck. they look fugly on and when you decide to take them off your stuck with something more fugly than a 3 legged freak on halloween.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jopes said:
fender flairs suck. they look fugly on and when you decide to take them off your stuck with something more fugly than a 3 legged freak on halloween.

look at the pic .. you are correct sir

I have nothing to fold, so I have to screw into the fender wall ... where is the pic from Tim? .. is there more to it .. possibly a write up with materials? ............. I figure I can just use a 'L' shaped piece of metal slit to bend and screw to that :shrug

what a pain in the ass .. this is why I have left them on until now :confused:

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
You could just buy some fiberglass fenders from jeffs...:D

Have you ever thought about building "safari bars"? if so, I've seen some interesting installations where... wait, you don't have a welder. umm, what about that stuff dblue351 used? I gues you don't want flares though, do you? Can't you trim the plastic out of the way?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have this for flare material if I choose to use it... that isn't my concern

what I am trying to get at is closing up the gap underneath from the fender well to the fender so mud doesn't get up there
:shrug .... I have to fasten to the fender somehow

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
The inner fender wil move, won't it? Can't you just bend it up and attach it with "L" brackets then use that material you have to cover any screws or whatever you use to attch the inne fenders?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lonestar_Bronco said:
The inner fender wil move, won't it? Can't you just bend it up and attach it with "L" brackets then use that material you have to cover any screws or whatever you use to attch the inne fenders?
yeah, but I am 'trying' to get away from using the flares at all if I can help it :shrug

thanks Tim :thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
involves a welder and some dash work...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts