Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i kinda ran over bambi and my bumper didnt do anything to stop him from goin through my driver side headlight, grill, and radiator...so im making a new bumper...here's what im basically doing...

what do yall think?? give me any ideas on changes cuz i will hapily take them and consider them...thanks

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
so i shot bambis dad

seriously it looks good jst use heavy steel

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Next time you hit a deer it'll be freshly ground for ya' :thumbup

·
Registered
80 Posts
Expanded metal meaning what? I'm a little lost on that. But the idea/concept looks good. That should definitely keep any Bambis, Thumpers, Flowers, Simba, Puumbas, or anything else going through there.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
I think you need barbed wire and huge hooks coming off the front
and spotlights

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
I think you need barbed wire and huge hooks coming off the front
:notworthy

Seriuosly looks good...

Maybe a Winch mount in the middle of the bumper...

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
It still needs something medieval-looking on the front. Mebbe some spires pointing forward or something.

Any idea what type of steel you're going to use?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
All that work and you still have no headlight protection...good design though.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
SlappyB said:
Expanded metal meaning what?
You have seen the diamond shaped steel screens, right? Thats expanded metal. Gets its name because a press cuts all those slots in the steel sheet and then its stretched out.

And on the bunper, put some 12" long spikes on the front. That will stick the deer and keep you from running it over after you hit it.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
MikE2 said:
You have seen the diamond shaped steel screens, right? Thats expanded metal. Gets its name because a press cuts all those slots in the steel sheet and then its stretched out.

And on the bunper, put some 12" long spikes on the front. That will stick the deer and keep you from running it over after you hit it.
AKA wire mesh, well the thick version.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
90Beater said:
I gotta ask... what is that? I'm thinking a snowplow, but correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jackedupbronco- i was actually just planing on building it so that when i get the money for a winch there will be a spot there for it already...so thanks..

gtrider- i just cant come up with something (based around my design already) to protect the headlights and still look half ass decent....have any idea what i can do to it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
MikE2 said:

Ah, gotcha. That's what I thought, but I don't believe I've ever heard to it referred to as "expanded metal."

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
1990 Ford Bronco said:
I gotta ask... what is that? I'm thinking a snowplow, but correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a snowplow for a train. I was looking for a train cattle guard and thought that pic was funnier.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i think that a regular style brush guard but really beefed up would look good

1 - 20 of 20 Posts