Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whether these mounts are supposed to be 90 degrees? I assumed they followed the curvature of the bumper, but that was before I noticed that they were bent at different angles. See pictures below.

Right side bumper mount:

Left side bumper mount:

^I know this one will need working on because it's also warped.

And here's the left side mounting bracket (piece that goes between the frame rail and the bumper)

^Note: This piece is placed on the replacement bumper.

So again, my question is; what are these pieces supposed to be shaped like? I could probably figure it out, but it would be a lot easier if someone could post pictures from a truck that hasn't been damaged. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I picked up a cheap 2 foot long cresent wrench at a tool sale. That works great for stuff like this. Adjust it down to just slip over the end and then pry forward. A big pipe wrench would work just as good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes 90 degrees...just tap the forward with a hammer.
I figured. What about the piece I had laying on the new bumper? Should it be straightened out as well? I know it's misshapen in some way or another.

I picked up a cheap 2 foot long cresent wrench at a tool sale. That works great for stuff like this. Adjust it down to just slip over the end and then pry forward. A big pipe wrench would work just as good.
I have a massive crescent wrench I can try that with. Thanks for the tip. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts