Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched previous posts but was unsuccessful on finding out how, if possible to raise the front bumper on my '95 EB Bronc. I purchased it last February and have had in in numerous shops in order to fix the famous wobble Broncs can have. After 5 months and numerous shops I think it's as close as it is going to get which is good enough now. However, every mechanic that's been under it has said it appears to have never had any accidents. However, I recently put a grille guard on the front and it seemed to be about 2 inches lower than it should be. Then, last week I bought the matching brush guards and put them on and now I can tell that they are definitely sitting a couple inches below where they should. Therefore, the bumper is also sitting lower than it is suppose to be. I have been underneath and it appears that the two bolts on either side have horizontal roo to slide from side to side but I don't see how to raise the bumper up. I wanted to check with someone that knows before I take off the previously mentioned guards and removed the bumper only to find out that it cannot be adjusted vertically. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
There is not much of any adjustment to these bumpers, especially up/down. Post a pic or two

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Post a picture. The vertical adjustments are there. The bracket on the bumper side should have a long vertical slot instead of just a hole to make a vertical adjustment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'05 EB Front Bumper Pictures... How to Upload Pictures to this Site?

The truck is NOT lifted. I took pictures of the bumper but now see no where to add them here without a "URL". So where do I find the place to upload pictures?
:banghead

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 89 bumper you just losen the bolts that hold the bumper on and lift the bumper to where you want it and tighten it back down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'95 Front Bumper Adjust. How to upload pictures to site????

AFBronco and all others reponding, I finally got the pictures uploaded:
The underneath clearly show horizontal slots where the bolt goes in and can be adjusted side-to-side but not Vertically.
, http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049010/fullsize/img_3488.jpg , http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049011/fullsize/img_3489.jpg , http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049012/fullsize/img_3490.jpg , http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049013/fullsize/img_3491.jpg , http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049015/fullsize/img_3493.jpg , can it be adjusted from this bumper stop (it seems to be a decent gap at top) http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049016/fullsize/img_3494.jpg , not seeing a way to adjust other than horizontally from where the bumper bolts http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1049018/fullsize/img_3499.jpg ,

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just my opinion, your brush guard looks perfectly fine to me. Are you thinking that the top guard should cover the hood? the extra two inches you are after looks to be the distance to the hood.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'05 EB Front Bumper Pictures...

Tom,
Look at the gap between the bottom of the light cowls and/or the bottom of the center grill and the gap between them to the bumper. That 2" gap is not present on other Bronco's I see. Further, in looking at the tops of the brush guards covering the lights they are dropped close to 2" from the top of the chrome in which other vehicles (F-150's & Bronco's alike) that I've seen with the same Go Industries "Knockdown" guards they should cover the chrome colored bezels around the lights as well. Therefore, it is apparent that my bumper is lower than it should be and honestly is quite evident when looking at the lights through the brush guards (the way it is now the guards sit lower than they should which brings your eyes directly to them and appearing like they are not the correct guards for the lights but they are). Check through all the picture links I previously sent for a better understanding. Thanks, Dean

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go Industries "Knockdown" Grille Guard, $230.00 & the Brush guards $95.00.

Hmmm, that's strange b/c others that I've seen with the exact same set-up are aligned with the top of the light bezels. Check these out:
, in chrome finish

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know what year those trucks are but I also have an F250 (92) and the bumper on that is pretty tight to the bottom of the fender instead of the almost 2" gap on the Bronco so truck pictures may not be a good reference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rufus,
The pictures I uploaded are all b/t '92 & '96. The last picture was of a Bronco. They should all be the same as Bronco's within the same years and all of them show the guards covering the top part of the chrome colored bezel around the lights.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'05 EB Front Bumper Vertical Adjust

AFBronco,
Can you look at the pictures I posted of my Bronc and tell me where the vertical adjustments that you mentioned are located? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
The vertical adjustment should be on the other side of this L-bracket. However, like everyone else is saying, the positioning looks good to me as well. Aftermarket parts, like your brush guard aren't always going to be made to fit perfectly well.

I had another thought. Is the brush guard mounted properly? It looks to me as though your guard did not use any stock mounting points, but was simply bolted to the bumper after some holes were drilled in it. There may be nothing wrong with your bumper position.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
'95 Front Bumper Pictures of Gap Differences on sides!

AFBronco235, I removed the grille guard and took more pictures of the rear edges (LH & RH) of the gap, & measured between them & the fenders. LH Side Rear bumper to fender gap is 1 7/8"
, RH Side Rear bumper to fender distance is 1/2"
. When I push down or pull up on the LH side of the bumper it will give about 1/2" (still not enough to make up difference in gaps but obviously that lets me know that there's got to be a way to vertically adjust it.... Yes, the grille guard bolts directly on to the frame but I checked it and it is evenly distributed from the factory so it's not the guard that's off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BUMPER FIXED!!!!

So, I took AFBronco's advice even though you could see the horizontal adjust on the brackets you couldn't see that there was any room for adjusting vertically but after loosing the bolts it would adjust vertically with the space to do so on the side b/t the bracket and the bumper! I measured to make sure it was even distance horizontally then put jacks on either side of the center and pushed the bumper up all the way and then tightened the 4 bolts and now, good as new!!!! Thanks AFBronco! And for the one's that didn't think you could adjust vertically, you can!!... Pictures will come after I put the grille guard back on. :beer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts