Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get my hands on a 79 front clip and was wondering if anyone has grafted this to a 92-96 body?

anything can be done, but am wondering if anyone has any experience with this so i dont go reinventing the wheel.

so far i otherthan some remounting of fenderwell mounted stuff, i dont see an issue.

what do y'all think?

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
well the frames are narrower on the older models...some may have an issue with the coresupport mounts not lining up.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have searched and have found swaps for old to new, but not vice versa.

i would like to do this, because i like the looks of the 78-79 much better than the 80-96 styles. i am not willing at this point to sell/part my 93 for a 78-79. but would be willing to retro fit/finesse a front clip on, since the rest of my 93 is in good shape, minus the usual northern rust spots in the rear quarters and such.
my front clip is actually mint on the 93. if i could find a solid (cough) full 78-79 body, i would swap the whole thing. but im not sure how much sense that would make. cause if i were to do that, i would box another frame and start with that or a tubed chassis. but who knows, i have chassis fab class in a few months and can build anything i want for that class. materials included for the most part. so im not sure where this project is going to end up at the moment, i am mostly brainstorming out loud and looking for some feedback.

i have nearly two whole broncos worth of extra parts around here and in the vicinity.
the sas and rear end swap is nearly underway on the 93 as is. so who knows. i may trash a lot of body panels at rausch creek, next month and then may be in another situation all together.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Bronco Mels said:
Have you considered the fact that none of the body lines would line up and it'd look like Fido's ass?
yup pretty much. Most of the things you want to do can be done WAY cheaper by just buying a 78-9... Thats crazy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts