Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to, I see people on here with front cv driveshafts, I have a u-joint driveshaft now, I tried to install a cv shaft from another bronco but it will not go on, It hits the c6 tranny pan hard(will not even go in place). I must be missing somthing, the shaft is the same length. Has anyone here ran into this problem before? The angle is a little to steep for the u-joint shaft so need to get this fixed. By the way, 6"susp, 3"body 460 c6 auto, front high pinion 60. Thanks again.:beer

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Other than the possibility your Tcase yokes are different between a U-joint driveline yoke, and a CV drivleine yoke, the only other reason I can you're having a problem is, you need to trim the tranny pan

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
There's a short adapter and a longer adapter for the t-case and if I recall correctly the shorter adapter will cause the interference you speak of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adapter

Thats what I thought, as I have a 205 t-case here with a longer adapter bolted to it. So I guess what I need is a longer tailshaft for my c6? anyone know which trucks came with these? Just an idea of where to start to look. Thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have a parts C6 with the longer adapter but I think you may have to swap the output shaft as well but I am not sure on that one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
davids78bronco said:
did you recently swap Tcases, to end up having this problem, or what?
This is the same t-case that has always been in the truck,front shaft has always been a u-joint type, top joint is to steep though, finally decided to change to a cv, i pointed the pinion up during front 60 install so I could later install a cv shaft, just getting around to it now, but it won't fit, I have heard that there are 3 different tranny tail shaft lengths I have the short one now, need the middle one for the cv shaft, just don't know where to lookk for the right one,looked at 3 local trucks here, all short like mine! Thanks again any help appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RTM said:
I have a parts C6 with the longer adapter but I think you may have to swap the output shaft as well but I am not sure on that one.
I found a long adapter here locally, went to look for tranny output, but the truck has already been crushed, (can't believe people are crushing these trucks for scrap price when the parts are getting so hard to find).:twak Anyways the truck with the long adapter was a '79 3/4t ext cab, but I can't seem to find any others around, any ideas where to look, (what years, etc.) Thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I think the broncos all got the longer one. The third adapter you speak of is for a full time set up. There are only two different ones for the part time set up that I know of.

I have a short adapter and two long adapters in my garage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RTM said:
I think the broncos all got the longer one. The third adapter you speak of is for a full time set up. There are only two different ones for the part time set up that I know of.

I have a short adapter and two long adapters in my garage.
Thanks for the help guys, I will look for a bronco to check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts