Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to newbie post something that has probably been discussed a thousand times. I did lurk awhile, and searched the archives back to 2004, with little luck.

Quick Q about the swap. If not using the C-bushing setup to remount the axle in a '79 Bronco (will use the Cage D60 mount and extended radius arms), is it possible to source an axle from a later (i.e. '85-up) truck? I know the main difference was the (further) outboard third member, but with the thinner radius arm mounts, is this a possible fix?

If I missed an earlier post about this, feel free to flame away (just post the link so I can go read about it!).

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
you would be better searching in the SAS forum about that kinda stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you would be better searching in the SAS forum about that kinda stuff.
I tried, but searching the SAS forum yielded about 99.9% posts about SAS into post-'80 Broncos.

Seems most '78-'79 owners are perfectly happy with thier 44s.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah & most of them run C wedges too. The Cage arms are scoped so as not to rub the tires.

Just have to figure out a track bar mount.

I got some great pictures. PM me if you want em.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The cage arms have two setups

one setup allows you to use the standard wedges found on the 78-79 D44

The other setup has the weld on bracket and there is just enough room to get it in and still weld it up on the 86 & up D60s. it is tight though

·
Registered
217 Posts
*******Warning!!!!! Possible Hijack Here *******

Moderators, please move this to the appropriate Forum as you see fit.

I'm afraid I've had similar search issues. When I want to find something specific, all I get is 600 threads that may or may not contain the info I'm looking for. The good news is, all those threads add to my overall knowlege, and I'm better off than without it, but for those times I need a single answer to a complicated question, I get lost in all the info.

Is there a way to Search within a Search? Is there a sticky somewhere on how to Search?

Am I the only idiot here? :banghead

JimC

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sort of like that link I just posted?
*******Warning!!!!! Possible Hijack Here *******

Moderators, please move this to the appropriate Forum as you see fit.

I'm afraid I've had similar search issues. When I want to find something specific, all I get is 600 threads that may or may not contain the info I'm looking for. The good news is, all those threads add to my overall knowlege, and I'm better off than without it, but for those times I need a single answer to a complicated question, I get lost in all the info.

Is there a way to Search within a Search? Is there a sticky somewhere on how to Search?
first kinda sorta.NO!
second if you hae 600 threads. ask a more spacific question. after that deal with the do the search. some one usually answers. it's a forum. not a search sight. i love answering when i have a clue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are there any issues with the front drivetrain (other than needing a new drive shaft)? It seems like a good way out there for the 205 to reach the third member on the newer Dana 60s.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i dunno, i just saw them for the first time. i've seen the other ones for the c bushing axles, but didn' t know about those for a D60, and my rig is on-road alot and would want them to be legal.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have seen language saying they suggest a minimum 4 inch lift. Not too sure why.

I would call Cage to check if it's an issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts