Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some minor e-brake adjustments and when I pressed down on the pedal the cable snapped at the pedal assembly. I'll have to remove the assembly and see what's broken. I'm hoping all I need to do is route a new cable to the equalizer. Anyone do this repair? Is it a PIA?? Can I still drive with the snapped cable?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Replacing cable from pedal to equalizer is a fairly easy job, hardest part I remember is collapsing the tangs on the cable housing that hold it in place on the firewall. After that it's just a matter of routing it back to the equalizer and I can't remember if there are any clamps that have to be pulled.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zig. I’ll have to get the bronco in the garage to do. Too damn hot....

Oh yeah, since the cable snapped the brake shoes would be free...right? Ok to drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
462 Posts
No comment on safety, but I'd run it short distances if needed, the brakes should still work as normal, just no e-brake.

My e brake cable mount snapped a while back and has been shabbily repaired to working order. It's on the list. When I was re-doing the rear brakes, I replaced the rear e brake cables, but left the front in. I have a NIB Rabestos cable if you need it.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks New. I’m in the garage now working on it. I have had the front cable from LMC in my parts bin.
Been there for about 13 years. Hopefully the install goes smoothly....

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the pedal assembly is still in good shape. The tip of the cable that’s attached to the pedal assembly snapped off. (Pic)

Funny thing, I can’t find this clip that snaps over the cable retainer maybe it never had it or fell off. They don’t sell them so I’ll have to make one. (pic)

Clip Needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts