Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE 10/6 Please everyone read this, ttb bracket had a crack in it

I found the problem, my drivers side ttb drop bracket had a 4" long crack in it, and two loose bolts. Please take a minute to check your ttb brackets for cracks (for your own safety).

When I hit a decent size pothole, my front end start's shaking so bad it feels and sounds like it is about to fall out from underneath the truck. I just repacked and torqued the wheel bearing's so I dont think that is the problem. Any suggestions? :shrug

G

·
mine does too... is it sound like the whole damn engine has been knocked up and down? im just subscribing to this thread for answers as well!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
has it always been this way? maybe bad pivoit bushings, or radius arm bushing? ball joints, hmm, maybe not, i dont know.
i had a buddy back in the day who had a 94 chebby z71 running 39" mickeys, and it did the same thing always. every shop in town said cause chebby ifs sucked lifted. but the ttb is a totaly different system. i'd say you got some shot bushings somewhere.

G

·
well its not the ball joints cause i just got mine replaced about a month ago... but i HAVE been told by a few people that some kind of bushings in the front were "really" worn out, so maybe thats the problem we're having.........

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,995 Posts
Most likely the bushings in the pivot brackets. Check em out, and while youre under there, make sure the bolts that hold the brackets in place are tight. I had mine come loose on me, and it caused a major case of death-wobble until i figured out what was going on.

Ooh, i have another idea. Since it happened when you hit a pothole, check to see if you cracked a radius arm bushing.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
NineInches said:
When I hit a decent size pothole, my front end start's shaking so bad it feels and sounds like it is about to fall out from underneath the truck. I just repacked and torqued the wheel bearing's so I dont think that is the problem. Any suggestions? :shrug
Can you say TTB?

·
huh
1995 Bronco, Slightly Modified
7,220 Posts
reptillikus said:
Most likely the bushings in the pivot brackets.
i agree,... my 4 door does it and one of the bushings is going bad.. Just have to change it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, mine just started doing it last week while my wife was driving it. I just figured she was overreacting until it did it to me last night. I will check the ttb drop bracket bolts and all the bushings monday, until then I will drive my sister's Saturn Ion. Won't I look cool?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually BBB you are correct, it started happening two days after I drove on it with the ZUK!!! I guess the bronco just couldnt handle that 2000lbs of rice on top of it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Or maybe it's allergic to rice :toothless

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
it's Karma baby ... look at you and look at Badass :shrug

hmmmm, both with zuks and both with busted Broncos .... see man, it's fate :goodfinge

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I havent wheeled it since march, I might have to wheel it one more time before I get rid of it. I have to get something to drive everyday that gets better gas mileage. If I ever get another bronco it will prolly be a 78/79 version and make it a show truck like BadBoysBronco.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts