Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6" DC Stage 2 lift kit and the p/s front of the truck sits an inch lower the the d/s front and also i think is making it look the the tire stick out farther on the d/s and almost covered on the p/s.

My question is should i by new coils and mabey those shims that go under the coil or should i be looking for some other problem. Here's some pic's.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
It looks like your body is shifted to the passenger side quite a bit.

I'm looking at the nerf bars, and from the second set of pics, it looks like the body is covering the passenger side step a bit more then the driver side.

How do your body mounts look?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Not tryin to ruin your thread, but what size (xx/xx.x/xx) are those tires and wheels?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I see what you are saying about the mody looking shifted..... I'd say buy some new body mounts anyway, they aren't expensive and they are an easy replacement.... And its only going to get worse, shims will prolong it..... just get some new coils.... My superlift coils are really nice even with the added weight up front they ride very nice

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not tryin to ruin your thread, but what size (xx/xx.x/xx) are those tires and wheels?
35's with 15x10's

I really don't see any reason to change the body mounts because the look fine. I need to fix the coil sagging problem first and then go from there but i don't what to change the coils and have there be some other problem that i am not seeing.

Anyone else want to chime in with some idea's. Thanks.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Measure the passenger side spring while on the truck and compare it with the driver's side spring measurement. Pull both springs and compare them. Check the coil buckets and mounts for breakage. See if anything on the body or, as mentioned, the core support has broken or rusted through.

Did this happen all at once or did you notice it slowly started sagging?

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Core support is new,the d/s coil is 22" and p/s is 21". I noticed it more after i had a real alingment done but it was there before.The tires were /-\ and now l-l so it is more noticable than before. The coil bucket are rusty but look ok and it alot of work to take out the coils just to measure them.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
measure from the frame rail to the side of the rocker panel, that should show if the body is shifted on the frame. You get what I mean?
I took some measurements today and the front of the truck is shifted over the p/s by any inch. I seem like and "easy" fix just loosen the body mounts and some how move the body over, but it's an east coast truck so we will see how "easy" it is. And I did check the frame for square and it looks good.

As to the sagging should i just get some new coils to level out the truck or try something else.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I took some measurements today and the front of the truck is shifted over the p/s by any inch. I seem like and "easy" fix just loosen the body mounts and some how move the body over, but it's an east coast truck so we will see how "easy" it is. And I did check the frame for square and it looks good.

As to the sagging should i just get some new coils to level out the truck or try something else.

Is the rear lower as well? this has been discussed before, and my '95 is one that is about 3/4" lower on the passenger side. Always has been. Front and rear, each time I've changed lift or did SAS it always turned out the PS was a bit lower. I don't care really since almost all the time I am the only one in it, so it would likely sit pretty level with just a driver in it.

Why you appear to be shifted over to the passenger side some, not sure, but I would not just go buying new springs. What about first swapping the springs side to side? I'll bet you still have the issue. I have yet to really figure out why mine is this way. Ford does allow up to about 3/4" difference (as I recall from a Steve83 info. bit on the subject).

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The rear does look a little low if you look from behind but i think it is do the front end sitting lower on that side. I have measured from the top of the tire to the wheel well and it is slightly over any inch differance in the front but it is very noticeable when you look at the front of the truck, it looks like a lot more.

I am just not sure how to solve the sagging problem, swapping coils is any idea though.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
with sagging springs all around my bronco sat 1 in lower on paswsenger side , replace springs all around , still the same . no rust nothing bent frame bushings ok . i also notice that , some times it sits higher in front afyter parking it i ove and it settles down .
drives fine wanders a tadd but nothing extreme all new bushings . my guess if springs are the same size loaded (in truck ) i would check size when fully extended . if ok (3/4 ) then replace frame mounts . i believe it will not change though .

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts

when you say sagging you mean the side to side difference in the front? Not that the front has sagged compared to the rear? If it's just the side to side you're talking about, I'd buy those steel spacers (just those gold dabloon looking things, they come in 1/4" thickness):

maybe a 1/2" worth, and install just on the passenger side. It would be hard to notice 1/2" of difference remaining. At the same time you've got to pull the springs to install these, so that's when I'd check the unsprung spring lengths to see if there is any difference, and swap side to side if you do find some (I'm betting you really find no unsprung length difference in the coils, which is why new ones likely won't help either).

On the body being shifted, I'd take some frame to edge of body measurements front and rear, both sides. What you're trying to look for here is, Is it the frame to body that is shifted over, or is the suspension (front and rear suspension attachment points to the frame) the culprit? So what your looking for are body mount bushings, did the rear axle leaf spring pads get shifted over a little?, on the front, is the TTB located properly...i.e. so if the axles are not aligned properly then that's the problem, with end result you seeing the tires sticking out more on one side than the other. If it's a frame to body issue, then it's the body mounts that are the problem.

Edit: ya know, one more wild idea here....those tires/rims, did you just get them? You should be certain the place you got them from put on 4 rims with identical backspacing. that's something you can check pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes it's the side to side sagging. I was thinking about those spaces but was unsure about with one's to get because one has a hex hole and the other is round but i guess the hex one go on the bottom right.

When i was looking at the body mounts i noticed the the body seems above the front bushing were not the even side to side. The outer edge was under the bushing on the d/s and was 1/2 to 3/4 from the seem to the bushing. This is the front cab mount. (If you understand that ay all)

All the rear hangers and springs are new

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Yes it's the side to side sagging. I was thinking about those spaces but was unsure about with one's to get because one has a hex hole and the other is round but i guess the hex one go on the bottom right.

When i was looking at the body mounts i noticed the the body seems above the front bushing were not the even side to side. The outer edge was under the bushing on the d/s and was 1/2 to 3/4 from the seem to the bushing. This is the front cab mount. (If you understand that ay all)

All the rear hangers and springs are new
yea, I think so, it's been more than 5 yrs. since I had those:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The ones with the hex hole fit over the hex bolt (obviously) and the round hole should fit between the hex portion of the bolt and the axle housing. You SHOULD be able to get 2 round hole and 2 hex hole on each side before running out of threads, but maybe not, just depends. 1/2" (or one pair of hex hole spacers) should yield you 7/8-1" of lift on one side at the tire. Your spring is way inboard of the outer edge of the tire so you won't need a full inch of spacer to get an inch of lift on that side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts