Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently went wheeling and when i got home i noticed that the front end is sagging down about 3 inches. so im assuming that i blew the coil springs. so im wondering if it would be okay to just put coil spacers in to make up the difference. or if it might be something else.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
i doubt u could mess up ure coil springs to sag 3 inches on one trip, check other things, but if it is the coils, they need to be replaced

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
hang on cousin
YEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Dixie Horn)
Crash

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah that makes sense but i bashed the crap out of it. yet only the last trip seemed to make the front end sag. do you guys have any other ideas on why it might sag? haha. i kind of jumped up the hill and flew back off of it on the way back.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
seriously, you would've had to beat the ever livin shit out of the front end to break the coils on one trip. last summer i took mine back in some woods to pull out a tow truck that was trying to pull out a buddy's f-150 and i hit some bigass ruts that were hidden and the front end shot 3 feet in the air twice. all that happened was i got a twisted left radius arm. and my buddy had a knot on his head from where he whacked the window a couple times.

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
You can bet that the radius arm isn't the only thing that bent.Ya better have the TTBeams checked.They won't hold up to that kinda stuff long.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all right thanks people. im going to spend some quality time with my bronco and see if i see anything different. i looked at it just the other day and everything seems to look the same as before except of course the sag and the fact that the top of the wheels bow inwards. i'll be back later with an update. see ya.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe your front tires are flat? Maybe somebody slipped in some 3" blocks in the rear? Sorry couldn't resist.
Seriously, check those radius arms really good. A good freind of mine (who beats his like a ho 2$ short) was driving home on a flat level street one night and his left radius arm literally snapped just forward of the rear bushing. After inspecting it further, he found that it had been cracked for some time and finally just snapped. Good thing he was close to home.

If your front end is literally 3" lower, then the coils would have to almost be resting against each other, with no space between each coil. If that's the case, and it is your coils, it should be visually obvious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts