Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a bunch done this weekend on the front end swap.

The old TTB is out and I cleaned up the shock towers and gave then a good coating of POR15. Hopefully that will keep the rust at bay for a bit.

Now I just need to find a TTB in better shape to swap back in.

I don't have access to the forsale section yet so If anyone knows someone with a TTB with 3.55 and abs let me know!!.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Question.. what was wrong with your ttb? I don't think I've ever read a thread where people had to swap it out..

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
x2 What was wrong with the TTB.... You've got it all out already, so why dont just do an SAS while your under there?

Those are pretty much considered trash around here (after someone has taken one out, it's trash) so i'd check the SAS section, see if any of those guys have their TTB's still.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Those don't look to bad.. I'l just clean them up with a wire brush, grinder and then paint them black and just re use them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No SAS for me. It would require at least a 4" lift and then I couldn't get it out of the garage, plus it's got brand new 31" tires and we all know how crappy the truck would look with a lift and those tiny tires.

This is my winter beater truck but I need it to be in good shape because my GF drives it in bad weather. If it was lifted I don't think she would drive it.

No one could say that they would reuse it if they saw it in person. The Knuckles are basically shot and the rust is so bad that even if you could get it all apart I doubt the arms would hold BJ's and the axles wouldn't hold new joints. The lower portion of the arm that holds the lower balljoint is about rusted through.

Damn ford rust!!! Believe me if I thought it was worth the time to attempt the rebuild I would.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clydesdale. Thanks for the link to the Craigslist post. I'll have to call. It sucks it's not a 95 with ABS but beggers cant be chosers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well making more progress. I got a dana 44 ttb out of a local junk yard from a 96 with ABS.

got the whole thing with radius arms, springs and even the ABS sensors are uncut!!

Will be picking it up on Friday night/ saturday morning. Then it's time to slap it in. It's in soooo much better shape then my original front end. BJ's and ujoints all look good. IT has the same broken passenger side spring that my truck has. The last 3 inches is broken off. Is that a normal failure?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the front end swapped out this past weekend. What a difference!!! rides like a caddy and steering is nice and tight!!

That is all

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
congrats.. glad it worked out for ya.. As for a broken spring.. I haven't experienced any broken springs on the broncos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts