Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookng at buying an 86 f250 model full size that has an SAS already done but I dont know what front end it has. It looks like the older Toyota solid axles with the nuckle ends. I looked over in the solid axle section but didnt find one that looked like this. It has the older Toyota style hubs I didnt see any of these in those pics. Sorry I didnt take any pics. Just thought someone might know what it is.

The best that I can tell its a Dana 30, but it has 8-lugs. I didnt know if they even mad an 8-lug 30.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
See if you can get the numbers off the axle tag/housing. I see you didnt take pics but those sure would help. Its almost impossible to tell what could be under it without more info..... you will get no responses (like now) or get 200 pure guesses....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now I didnt think to take pics when I was over there. He told me it was out of a 65-66 F350. I threads like this are usally useless.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Closed knuckle 44 or a closed knuckle 60, and I don't think 60's were available then.

Check out the D60 bible on Pirate4x4. You may be able to find some pics there. Mr. N has a ton of Dana 44 pics on his site and may have some 60's, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts