Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can swap an 86's fenders and grille to an 88. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Unless the bodys are different significantly, which they shouldn't be...yes.

·
Registered
445 Posts
this has been covered a million times before!!! u can swap it to a 92-96 model u just have to get everything to do it.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
DWB1975 said:
Does anyone know if I can swap an 86's fenders and grille to an 88. Any help is greatly appreciated.
There was a style change between those years, but as long as you do the whole front clip and hood you can do it.

Good luck,

:thumbup

·
Registered
445 Posts
i can't remember who it was on here but sumone went from 80 to 86 model to a 92 to 96 model, they wrote it up and have lots of pics, all i can say is search for it and read it, good luck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seabronc said:
There was a style change between those years, but as long as you do the whole front clip and hood you can do it.

Good luck,

I just want to change the fenders and the grille from an 86 to an 88. I read a post and that is what he changed. he reused his hood.

·
Registered
445 Posts
how did he reuse the hood?? different style hoods from wat i am thinking of...i might be wrong tho

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
84broncorig said:
how did he reuse the hood?? different style hoods from wat i am thinking of...i might be wrong tho
Ditto. The hood is different in the front. It might fit, but the lines are a little different.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
will you need a new core support too?
The radiator supports are different between those body styles also.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You will need the whole front clip and hood.The inner fenders,rad support,
radiator,hood,rad shroud,head light covers,grill trim,bumper and of course the fenders are different.Also remember that the wheel openings are a different
shape compared to the 1987 and up body style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts