Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of people cutting off the cab and having it be able to be reattached. Does anyone know the best way to do this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why not. Personally I'd like to take it off, but be able to put it back on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've owned my bronco for many years and don't plan on giving it up. I've just heard of this being an option, I didn't expect to get slammed for it. If this is a sore point in the community I won't mention it here again, I was just curious.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
not a sore point .. just never heard of cutting the roof off and putting it back on? ... the fiberglass in the rear obviously, but not the hard top ... think about the integrity that structure provides .. it is a part of the soundness of the vehicle .. unless you have a full frame mounted cage it just isn't an option in my opinion

that's all it is .. my opinion ... take it for what it's worth bro :shrug

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I'm looking to put a full cage in front to back. I've just heard of it being done and I didn't know if anyone else knew anything about it.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
so it can be full convertable, like the Early Broncos or first gen blazers.

yes you can make anything a convertable if you had the time and money. will it be easy? no. will it be cheap? no. is there a simple way to do this on a bronco? no. will it be cool? depends on who you ask.

so unless you have tons of money to pay someone else to do this, dont do it, OR if you have tons of fabrication skills (which you prob dont because you could figure out a way to do it) dont do it.

if they are done wrong they suck, they leak, and let in tons of wind noise on the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already have ideas on how to fab it, and I could do it at home. I was just wondering if anybody else had any suggestions. My basic idea was to make a cut along the roof by the windshield and weld in a piece of c channel with some weather stripping inside were I could slide it back in. Then on the B posts just make a straight cut and put some brackets with pins or other kinds of locks on the inside.:toothless

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I've had this idea for months now, but until I can figure out just how to seal it well enough, I'm not going to do it just yet. I would consider looking for a sport truck company, that offers kits for those, and see if there's one you can modify to use on yours - that's what I thought about doing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
someone told me there used to be a company in san antonio that did it, but I can't find any information on it.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I've considered both full convertable and t-tops. After considering how the doors could be done, and going into brain-fry-mode, I gave up. I would be interested to see what you come up with though. Keep us posted, and like David said, one of the mini-truck guys would be your best source. They do that stuff all the time.

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
i was actually thinking about going to a junkyard and getting some old doors, and making half doors. i saw a guy who did that to his bronco, and they were pretty sweet. plus then you wouldn't have the T-top like i want or full convertable with the window framing..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts