Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out.

What should I do? What parts am I missing? If it is time to upgrade, what are the parts to get? I've got no real idea. I'm new to Broncos and 4x4s.

I've got family in town and really need to get this fixed.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Should have got warn premiums

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ToddACimer said:
Should have got warn premiums

I just got my truck and haven't started upgrading yet. So Warn Premiums are the way to go? Would that be something they would have at Autozone or Checkers? I would like to get this fixed tonight.

Sorry I'm being such a n00b.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I've got warn premiums other guys like the superwinch and milemarkers. I'd stick with the all metal premiums from either warn or MM

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Just get a set of Warn standards, $50 or there abouts.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
MyFullSize said:
Just get a set of Warn standards, $50 or there abouts.
Looks like that is a warn standard why get another one if you already broke one

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just installed a set of superwinch hubs from checkers and they seem to be alright. they are all metal like what todd stated and $30-$40 cheeper than the warn premiums.If you wheel alot go with the premiums if you only wheel occasionaly you can get away with the standerd warns or any other hub for that matter.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just picked up some all metal Superwinch ones from Checkers for $65.

Do I need to jack it up to pull those off?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you guys ever compared the warn standard to the premiums side by side? I was going to buy a set of premiums until I pulled them down and set them next to the standard warns. The premiums look better, but where it engages it is just relying on a spring not prongs like the standards. At least the few sets I looked at the other day.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Looks to me like maybe the hub spring ate through the hub. That would most likely be caused by a missing or damaged spacer that goes between the spring & the outer wheel bearing cage. Check to make sure you have that spacer. Could also be a crappy hub. I dunno what brand that is, but most of the good ones I have experience with are 6-bolt, not 5.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
WTF is that spring for?????? I don't have a spring in my hubs. Am I brain dead right now and can't remember? ............NO! I just had my hubs apart last week for a quick inspection and I don't have a huge spring in there like that. Huh.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the new ones put on. Thanks for all the help. Especially that link from MyFullSize.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While I was working on the truck I put on a brush guard I bought for $20 off a guy.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't have that huge spring in their hubs?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts