Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
front leaf setup? ( NOT SAS SWAP )

hey all,, been reading for a while and really didnt find what i was needing,, here`s the deal

i bought a 89 f250 4x4 lockers in the front and rear ttb/sterling ,5spd 302 anyway ,, hauled one load and didnt get 15 miles before it overheated got it back home to only find it has been doing it for a while, last owner knew it and allready pulled the stat out to let the air bypass out the overflow.

the slick i dont have any tags on it but you can take it to the end of the driveway or around the yard a couple of times,,

in the meantime i swapped a bike for a 89 bronco 302 4 spd auto , it has quite lazy front coils and drives rather lousy, and someone swapped in a 9 inch rear which is shot

im going to swap in the 5 spd and the sterling rear from the f250 and would like to run the front leaf ttb setup to replace all the worn out ttb coil sprung /arm junk and to gain the lockers, would like a dana straight axle but i do not have one, and i have all the f250 stuff

it will mostly be used family camping / towing etc so the ttb dosnt bother me and it was good and drove great!!

i guess my question is any hidden catches to the front end swap? and will it have the f250 height or a little more? and will the bronco ttb crosmember need changed or are they the same

im not worried about drilling ,grinding,welding, torching ,changing brackets,etc ,,, just the gutting both trucks to find a uh oh this wont work and starting over

thanks for any help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind guys went ahead and replaced the front coils with used 1985 chevy 1 ton coils didnt have to cut any off them ,, just bent the last 4 " of the coil to hook up the spring clasp,they were 1/4 inch shorter than the fact ones uncompressed ,,but huge dia and didnt compress near as much

drives great!! no body roll or nose dives and not too harsh of a ride either , now the front sets level with the back and sets like a truck!!

anyone here do 4x4 sled pulling?
working on one now and was looking for any help ,tips or tricks setting it up and building a engine 429 or 460

1 - 3 of 3 Posts