Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might seem like a bit of a dumb question, but is there enough play in the DS front axle shaft that if I unbolted the pig, is there enough movement to slide the pig out without having to pull the shaft?

Mainly was curious if anybody has been able to do this. If not, no biggie, I'll just pull the shaft to get the pig out.

Hopefully will be having it welded up this weekend.

Thanks

Brian

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
the pig???????????????

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
156 Posts
I never heard it called a pig ever.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bnkrtstk said:
chunk, pig, third member, it has many names.

Why would you want to leave the d/s attached?

Not the driveshaft, the axle shaft, so I don't have to pull the wheel off and everything else. Mainly for ease and time because I live in an apartment complex. I planned on pulling the driveshaft, lol.

Brian

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
hey LN, click the link in my sig, we got a Midwest chapter meet and greet getting organized, it's at the badlands if your interested, looks like you've been there before, we could use some experienced people there.

Plus we need someone to help hold Potamus' potato cannon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob, yeah I saw that thread (I think I posted in it). I'm going to make a definite effort to be there (I only live a half hour away) Not exactly experienced there, I've only managed to have time and a working rig to be able to wheel once there, however I'm working on a deal, that might allow me to be there almost everyday this summer.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts