Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tranny i put in my 88 awhiel ago has a bad leak from bellhouseing and i htink when i had problems installing my torque converter, it might have ruined the seal. im gonna pull my engine this weekend for work on but is there a way to change the front pump seal without taking the tranny all apart? is the torque converter seal the same as the front pump seal? is there a write up for this to not take the tranny apart?

·
Man of endless projects
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it turns out that it is easy to do this seal. jsut take the T/C out and use a hammer and screwdriver and it comes out easy. no it isnt motor oil, it was definatly tranny fluid so it isnt the rear main seal which i replaced anwyay when the motor was out. however even after replacing this pump seal, it still has a stream of fluid comnig out the bellhousing so now im htink its the bolts holing pump itself in must have backed off and cauesing it. tho i still plan on fixing this, this truck is now last priorety cause the engne for that truck threw a rod and the engine is totalled. plus my 96 is needed a tranny rebuild really soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts