Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I think this is a common problem with 80-96's, but i dunno....The area around my front body mounts, on the core support, is badly rusting, and i poked a few holes in one side the other day, lol....I can get new one at the Graveyard, for $150. I will do it, but i was just wondering if anyone else has done this? How hard it was, etc? Doesnt look that tough, just time Consumming.... lmk....

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
the main problem are the core support bolts where they mount with the body mounts...we had a hard time with the impact and ended up torching them...also replace all your body mounts while you are at it with the polygraphite or whatever it is...last alot longer than rubber.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
It took a while, and the replacement didn't seem to line up right away because the new rubber body mounts weren't tightened enough. Just make sure you do lots of rocking it to make sure you have every screw and bolt out of it before giving it a big tug to remove it. I almost did the whole sway in 4 hours with just help to remove and lay in the new one. However the rain and lack of sun light finally chased me inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts