Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been saving up for my new suspension parts while using this bronco as my daily driver. Back when I bought it I hopped a couple curbs and the passenger side in the front has never been the same. The hub on that wheel was loose and and was tightened at spectures pad about two months ago. When I roll in and out of driveways you can hear the front passenger side suspension clunking and chunking.

I was doing some motor cleaning today and noticed a bushing missing from the small angled knuckle. I am not sure what that piece is called. I want to take this truck camping this weekend but I'm thinking I'll need to address this first.
Can you tell me what the name of this piece is? Seems like I could unbolt and add a new bushing pretty easily?

Thanks in advance.

MIKE :rockon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Appears to be the sway bar bushing and the arm is bent, is the other side straight or bent as the one in the picture? If needed to be straight you could heat it up and hammer straight or see if part is avail.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
I think that is the right shape, but I have not seen mine on the truck for some time. If you can not find a bushing I would not worry to much just take the whole bar off. I have never missed mine and a tow a 3000+ pound trailer a lot. Other place for that clunking sound would be the radius arm bushings.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
If it really gets annoying you could remove the sway bar temporarily until you get a new bushing (or permanently as most of us do).

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Do you really suggest to remove it with the ttb setup?
Yes, look up "sway bar removal" and you'll see lots of us just throw it away. I didn't notice a difference in handling at all. Some do. Depends partly on how you drive I guess.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
OP, unless you do serious off roading, or need that extra 2 inches of travel, leave it on.

or take it off at the trail head, and replace it for the drive home. it improves turning and highway drive-ability greatly. i am not a supporter of "ditch the sway bars, they do nothing." they do a lot.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
I agree with TheUnforgiven, Leave it on. The arm is not bent, It might be upside down or something like that, Mine is doing the same thing. I bought the Energy suspension poly kit from Summit and it works great but it will be a bear to install because stuff is already out of alignment. The way it is now aint hurtin' nothin'-

·
Registered
665 Posts
New bushings. Check ROCKAUTO.COM I ordered some for my rear s/bar the other day. Good prices quick delivery. Theyve also got pics so you know your getting exactly what you need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i just put a 4 inch on my 96 and it is acting real weird. i didnt buy the sway bar drop braket so i couldnt get the sway bar to fit back on. both sides on my truck look this same way they must just be like that. quick question i think it just need an alinment but when i go in reverse my rear end makes nasty noises and the front tire bow way out.. any sugestions..:doh0715:

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
i just put a 4 inch on my 96 and it is acting real weird. i didnt buy the sway bar drop braket so i couldnt get the sway bar to fit back on. both sides on my truck look this same way they must just be like that. quick question i think it just need an alinment but when i go in reverse my rear end makes nasty noises and the front tire bow way out.. any sugestions..:doh0715:
noises bad. do some reading around. tires are normal to lean in /--O-\ after backing up.

or start your own thread in the noobie-section.

·
Registered
313 Posts
+ 1 take that junk off, its not doing much good, and that is the right shape for the bracket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts