Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'89 FSB

Need to replace front rotors (one side has piston on rotor, no pad). Some dufus either put together wrong or the pad wore to nothing. Long story short, rotor seriously scored....doubt it can be turned and cleaned up.

Never had a front hub off of a 4x4...don't want to pull off cap and have pieces flying. Have Haynes and Chilton manuals, still confused. :banghead

Do I need special tool to remove nut? :whiteflag

Pins on caliper, do I need twist them 180 to get them out, little bumps keep them from pushing through, books unclear or I can't read :smilie_slap

Need a littlle verbal assistance.

Thanks!

Tim T. :duh

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to let you know you're about to get flamed:doh0715:, use the search there are alot of threads here for it. Don't ask for any one specific to help you it will offend the others and net zero help but a lot of funny comments. Anyways do the search thing then ask for help. These guys really know what to do and will help, they just don't like to repeat it over and over. Find steve 83's homepage, go down to brakes and hubs and you'll probably find the info you need.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
do you have those crappy automatic hubs that go with push button 4 wheel drive? if yes, you might want to upgrade to manual locking hubs while you have your wheel hubs apart.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to let you know you're about to get flamed:doh0715:, use the search there are alot of threads here for it. Don't ask for any one specific to help you it will offend the others and net zero help but a lot of funny comments. Anyways do the search thing then ask for help. These guys really know what to do and will help, they just don't like to repeat it over and over. Find steve 83's homepage, go down to brakes and hubs and you'll probably find the info you need.
Actually I did a search on rotors and it came back and said nothing. Must have been holding my mouth wrong (or needed a bigger hammer).

Thanks!

Tim T.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
His post seemed fine to me. Give him a break.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,960 Posts
Boss also did this exploded view of the hub: Warn Hub Premium Assembly

As for the caliper pins, there's rubber in the middle, so you squeeze it together & the bumps clear to slide thru. I usually use a screwdriver & hammer. Tap it in so the bump is against the caliper, then alternate driving the top & bottom halves toward the center & into the caliper. Once you're past the bumps, the pin goes thru easy.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Then YOU need to re-read the stickies & do some searching, too. :deal
Have a bronco question? We have an answer!
New owner of a bronco? New to wheeling? This is the place for you! Post your general questions here. No Flaming!
Did you miss the description of this section? Maybe you should re-read it.

This section was created with the intention of having the newbs and people who don't know as much as others ask questions, if you don't like this section or how the questions are stated, i strongly urge you to stay out of it.

I understand that you help out a lot of people, but the elitist attitude is getting old, this is a forum people come to for help, if you want to help, it's greatly appreciated, if you want to scream "SEARCH", don't come in here. A link to the sticky would have been more helpful than belittling someone for not reading them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can't get into Steve's stuff. I hope he isn't leaving us.

It says can't find DNS.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think it was the whole supermotor site. I can connect now. That scared me. :shocked Maybe it was just my connection.

·
Registered
579 Posts
do you have those crappy automatic hubs that go with push button 4 wheel drive? if yes, you might want to upgrade to manual locking hubs while you have your wheel hubs apart.
Just for some clarification (asking really) the problem is not the hubs themselves but the system that locks them, yes?

As in in the electric motor on the T case can give out?

·
Registered
812 Posts
From what I understand, the auto hubs use some type of engagement scheme where when the axleshafts start turning, it makes the hubs engage. I also understand that they are very prone to not engage when you need them, or not disengage when you no longer need them. Manual hubs are much more reliable.

·
Banned
11,470 Posts
:topic

Maybe you should re-read it.
Maybe my understanding of the term "flaming" differs from yours, but no matter how I read any of my posts, I just can't find anything that would qualify under ANY definition. :shrug Would you post an example of my flaming, or the definition you're using?
...the elitist attitude is getting old...
Again, I'm just not seeing it. What exactly about that post (the one you quoted) or any of my others implies that I feel "elite" or conveys any indication of superiority? :scratchhe If being able to use the interweb is some great feat, then MAYBE I'm guilty, but I never saw it that way.
...if you want to scream "SEARCH"...
You must have SHARP eyes, because I'm not seeing anything that looks like screaming, either. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
...belittling someone...
Now, you're just pulling that out of your ass. "Belittling" would be comments about a person intended to insult him, or undermine his reputation or qualifications. I don't do that. And me saying you're pulling something out of your ass doesn't qualify as "belittling"; it's just crude & mildly vulgar vernacular, but it's not a personal attack on you.

I'm not even the person who recommended the OP search, and my post wasn't even directed at the OP. It was directed at someone who posted his opinion on someone else's opinion on what MIGHT happen to the OP in this thread. How did my brief, polite, direct little post earn your wrath?
:whiteflag

(Yeah, I expect this post to get moved, edited, or deleted.)

·
Banned
11,470 Posts
:topic

Well, I got fired Friday morning, but I don't think it affected my disposition. :toothless I'm still my same old self. :madder

(Does that make me seem superior in some way? :rolleyes: )

:histerica

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Wanna start a garage? :toothless

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to hear that steve. You always been a great help to me. If I can help in any way I would.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts