Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a quad. shock setup, are the front shocks the auxilaries? Or do I have it backwards and the fronts are the mains?

I have a '95 EB that I'm going to install some Bilstein's on this weekend and want to make sure I get the correct shocks in the correct places.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yes.....the front ones are the aux shocks. Quite a few people here run their Broncos with 4 shocks even if it came stock with the quad set up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. StreetGang. In my search I came across a couple of threads where others went from the factory four shocks to just two in the front. Kind of a mixed bag as to results, though.

Some seemed to like it, others suggested to keep the factory setup (even though it's not an ideal design in which the front shocks seem to wear out faster than the mains) to help the tires wear more evenly.

Seeing as I've got 178k on the originals (bought it used at 175k), I bit the bullet and got all six shocks - using the recommendations on this board to get the Bilsteins for a DD.

I can't thank everyone on this board enough for all their shared knowledge and camaraderie. Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
For a DD rig you cant go wrong with the Bilstein's........you get what you pay for in life......I just hate paying for anything!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts