Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys. i'm strictly a sand/desert kind of wheeler (its the best really, gotta love the speed) and i've been running a front sump pan on the 460 because thats what was in it when i bought it. however i've had multiple people tell me i should switch to a rear sump pan because of going up large steep hills and all the oil falling to the back of the pan and starving the pick up and other various reasons. now i'm no engine builder and fairly new to working vehicles so i'm a little torn as to what to think. the front sump seems to work but its only been 3 years with that engine. should i swith out to the rear sump? is it necessary for duneing?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It's gone this long, you're probably fine. Keep an eye on oil pressure during wheeling. If it doesn't fluctuate leave it alone.

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
sure the oil may go to he back climbing but its also going to go to the front going down hill

and in the sand/dunews your doing both

middle sump if they make them?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Stef's fabrication just custom built me a rear sump offroad pan for my 351w. It has a trap door feature to keep the oil from moving around a lot.

- Scott

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm running a Canton pan and an Accusump just in case......:toothless

That Stef's pan is just plain sexy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts