Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right front suspen is sagging and top of tire is pointed in (towards the motor)like something is bent. A buddie is thinking ball joint. Any ideas if a ball joint could cause this.

I'm asking because this is my old bronco (in sig) and I want to by it back tomorrow. But I wanna know what I'm getting into...

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no pics.

It was my old bronco, the guy I sold it to was pretty hard on it a couple times. It has the adj. already in and after I put just the 2" leveling springs the tops of the tires were slightly out. Now the drv side is still the same but the pass side it bent in and sagging.:(

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Could be a busted lower ball joint... there's enough TTB junk in the bone yards, if it's anything else, it can be easily and fairly cheaply fixed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to my friends house last night. Jacked it up and all was well with the ball joints. It looks like the 2 inch leveling springs have sagged out. The pass. side is sagged 1-1/4 almost 1-1/2 inch MORE than the driver side.

Once we jacked it up, the wheel came back out and returned where it needed to be. So it looks like just crappy springs. The front bumper and winch combo is weighing about 200-210 pounds so I guess thats normal for cheap springs that are 2-1/2 yrs old......

Looking at a Rough Country 4" lift now. Is that a good one or is there a better one for around that price??

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
if you only need the 4" lift springs (front coil) i got a set sitting in the garage. you. where in ca are you? i near sacramento. i removed these to install taller ones. pm me if you have any questions....mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need the whole kit (4inch) but thanks though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts