Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about reattaching my sway bar for better stability onroad. Does anyone use anything other than stock? Are there any kits that are an upgrade from stock?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,203 Posts
you're going to need the drop brackets for the mounts, but other than that i don't see how anything other than stock will work better. if you go polyurethane bushings they are liable to squeak and not flex nicely. i wouldn't want to listen to that shit.

i'd stick with stock rubber for the bushings/links.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm....I have the bar and the drop brackets....any idea where to get the end links with rubber bushings other than the dealership? I have tried Oreilly and carquest both of which carry only the poly bushings.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,878 Posts
I have poly swaybar and end link bushings on the front of mine and i havent heard a peep out of them The Bronco handles alot better too. My '73 Ranchero had front and rear poly everything including the a-arm bushings, just go liberal on the bushing lube, Energy Suspension sells extra tubes of it-

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Hmmm....I have the bar and the drop brackets....any idea where to get the end links with rubber bushings other than the dealership? I have tried Oreilly and carquest both of which carry only the poly bushings.
Junk yard.

if you go polyurethane bushings they are liable to squeak and not flex nicely. i wouldn't want to listen to that shit.

i'd stick with stock rubber for the bushings/links.
I'm with 351w500. I have never had any "squeeking" issue with my Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings or Body Mounts. Firmness in turns is what I am after, thats why my sway bars are still installed.

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
I've always wondered, is there any place that sells quick disconnect endlinks that would work on our sway bars? I still rock the stock F/R and would love to be able to disconnect them for trail use.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet...poly bushings it is then. I'll grab some links from pick n pull. THanks guys!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Junk yard.

I'm with 351w500. I have never had any "squeeking" issue with my Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings or Body Mounts. Firmness in turns is what I am after, thats why my sway bars are still installed.

Did you do the body bushings?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts