Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my front sway bar end links and this site lists the same part number for "front left" and "front right". But as I look at my existing torn up endlinks it's very clear that they are different.

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1987/ford/bronco/suspension/sway_bar_link.html

Left and right both list as Part Number: W0133-1699183

What gives? Should there be a different part number for left versus right?

I already ordered a pair of these without realizing mine are different left/right. This page says nothing about left/right so I ordered two of them: https://www.autopartsway.com/partdetails.cfm?w0133-1699183/trw Now I just got an email saying "Your two left links have been shipped". :banghead

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Your profile doesn't say what year you are after, but that Partsgeek page says 1987 so I went with that. The 1987 does not have different part numbers for left and right. Different part numbers for left and right don't appear until 1989. So they must have changed something.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, 1987. Will fix my profile.

I checked my current links - neither will fit on the wrong side.

One link even has R cast into it.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Yep, 1987. Will fix my profile.

I checked my current links - neither will fit on the wrong side.

One link even has R cast into it.
That's good info to have, some of the older catalogs in my system are incomplete. I'm going to look into it further. Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, I'll do that when I get home.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's pics I took on my phone last night - I'll get better pics tonight.

This is the Driver's side endlink. The passenger side is a mirror of this. If I flip it upside down, or invert it so the curve of the endlink faces the other way... Doesn't make a difference - the top of the link (where it connects to the ears on the spring seat) is still rotated about 15deg counterclockwise when you look from the top. The other endlink is rotated about 15deg clockwise.

Looks like someone made a mistake in the parts database and wound up with the part number for the left (driver's side?) links being listed for the other side too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I get just the rubber bushings and re-use the cast links?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either that second pic is upside down or the Guinness is starting to kick in... ;-)

Yup, there's that 15deg clockwise twist, if you look from the top

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, no doubt - different and not interchangeable.

At this point I may be better pressing out the rubber bushings and pressing new ones in. Anyone knew where I can get them?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Email from the place that is sending me the two left links:

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for your email.

Part No: W0133-1699183 can be used for both Front-left and Front-right. Please feel free to contact us back for further assistance. We're always here to help.
I hope they're not just going by the computer, which appears to be wrong...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, got my answer. Energy Suspension 4.5106 bushing kit for $17 shipped. I'll send back the links from the other supplier which are obviously going to be wrong.

EDIT: Thanks, SeattleFSB. I got the 4.5106G (Ordered G, not R. Color makes no difference to me. :) ) I have the 2.5"x1.5" bushing and a 1" stabilizer bar.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Rockauto has seperate listings for the left and right.

They also carry the bushings in rubber and poly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts